Trailer Trash

Marmot PreCip Jacket Review (Read 36 times)

So my mom bought me a Marmot PreCip jacket for Christmas this year. Surprisingly, in my 6 years as a runner, I've never actually had a waterproof running jacket!

marmot

I wore it for a 6 mile run in the cold rain yesterday (high 30's, steady rain the whole time) and I was pleasantly surprised with the jacket. The rain beaded up on the outside and did not soak through at all. The hood has adjustable bungees so when pulled tight, the top forms sort of a brim and kept the water out of my face.

The jacket is super lightweight and can roll up to be fairly small which is what I was looking for. I did get pretty warm, but I was also wearing a very warm Oiselle baselayer underneath.

For size reference, I am 5'7" and about 150 lbs, and have a size Medium which is perfect. It is cut nicely for a woman but also has room for layers underneath.

Overall, I am very impressed with this $99 jacket.

NorthernHarrier

Yup, they are a good all purpose raincoat. I have had mine for 6-7 years and will use it for running, as a lightweight raincoat out and about, and because of it's packability it goes on backpacking trips. For true expedition type adventures I have a some more heavy duty raingear but the preclip is pretty versatile.  While pretty breathable during a good workout you will still get condensation building up inside but I never find it overly uncomfortable.  Mine looks a little different than the one pictured but I suppose there have been some design changes over the years.

It's always great to get a gift that is a true winner. Good for you, enjoy.

Not sure how long I've had mine (close to10 yr probably), but it's my bombproof shell for running. Pit zips are great when it starts getting a little warm, but that rarely happens in the conditions I wear it in.

Enjoy!

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog