Trailer Trash

Happy 4th Thursdaily (Read 36 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5.5 miles this morning - sweating bullets in the humidity.

QOTD: What one aspect of your training has been lacking and you know you need to implement to improve your running? (and rest is a possibility)

I can say either speed work or hill work.  Either one (or both) would help.

Have a great 4th!!!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

happy 4th, trailers!

4 miles of long NH hills last night.  The last bit of which included a hike to a hilltop with the sister's dog to see the view.  He wasn't too happy to be left behind for the run, so needed to make him happy.

qotd:  speed work, as usual.

Six nice trail miles for the pooch and me.  The rain has stopped at least for now.

QOTD: Speedwork I guess.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

6.4 on road and trails

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of  July!

QOTD My biggest problem is getting healthy. Right  now I have sciatic nerve/piriformis  issues, my slowly recovering pulled groin muscle and a pinched nerve in my neck. However I am grateful for where I'm at,  because I could always be a lot worse!

Happy 4th of July!

DH and I are doing a local 5-mile road race this morning.  Thinking of signing up for a 30K for next weekend:  http://www.coastaltrailruns.com/gg_smmr_golden_gate.html

QOTD: cross-training, to get stronger overall.   Just started doing "powerboost" classes 2x per week which is kind of like circuit training.  Expecting to see dramatic improvement now that I've got 2 classes under my belt. Wink

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy 4th everyone!

6.3 miles in the hills this morning, 72 degrees at 5:00 AM, humidity near 80%- not exactly the weather I was hoping for.  It definitely slowed me down a notch (or two)

qotd: most definitely speed work, it just plane hurts Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Working today so no running. Hopefully tomorrow and Saturday I'll be able to get in some long runs.

QOTD:  Long runs and speed work. I really need to get in more long runs to train my body to keep going when tired, and also learn what to do and what not to do from a nutrition and hydration view point.

I'm very slow this year and I blame that on no speed work over the winter. For speed work I prefer the treadmill at a elevation of 2-3%. Using the treadmill allows me to set the speed at a certain rate for a certain distance and not slow down unless absolutely neccessary. Outside I tend to not push quite as hard or as far as I should.

Happy 4th everyone.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Birthday, America!  Hope everyone is enjoying the day.  Sorry for those who are working (DD1, etc.).

DW and I swam through 7 miles on the trails today.  I don't know when this acclimatization will kick in, but sure hope it's soon.

I didn't make it to my Picket's Charge run yesterday.  We were on our way and got stopped by some police officers.  Seems streets were closed due to a stolen car and a high speed car chase in the streets of Gettysburg.  I don't know what idiot would steal a car on one of the busiest days ever in town, especially with cops all over to begin with.  Anyway car ran into a house and they got the first guy right away but took 2 hours to get second suspect.  Hospital was on lock down, so good thing were weren't there at the time.

QOTD:  I need to do more tempo runs on the road.  I spend so much time on trials that my speed is suffering.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Unsure what I will do today..hope to get a run but if the old man wants to MT Bike I will do that too.

QOTD: Good one.  1)First came up with consistency.  then read all of yours and had to end 2) ST and or Core exercise guess it's called XT, 3) Speed work 4) need to lose some weight.  Thanks for making me feel so bad today.  Wink

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

7 very easy miles with my brother.

QOTD: consistency in the balance between strength and endurance training. And consistency in diet - I wander up and down too much.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Happy 4th!

Back from work. As I am home alone (first time in years!), I slept in, then went to work. Now, as it has warmed up nicely, I'll head out for yet another heat run.

I ran 15 miles in the humid heat yesterday, and the little drizzle toward the end did not much to cool me down. It still was 78 deg and 85% humidity when I finished, after 8 p.m., so it was a bit more taxing than your normal 15-mile run. After the run, I had a Knackwurst sandwich to celebrate my 11th anniversary of my "arrival" in America.

Today, I'll try to make it a B2B, hopefully getting in some significant miles, but I might cut it short if it gets too late (for the fireworks, yay!).

I found baby gophers on my run yesterday, they were so cute, but there was nothing I could do to help them survive. I guess their parents/mother had been run over by a car (I saw the remains nearby), and the babies were sitting in the grass, whistling, one on the road. So I took the baby on the road and put it back into the grass near its siblings (they had their eyes still closed), knowing very well that they would probably end up as snake food overnight. Too sad, but I did not have any way to save them, no means to transport them in my car, and no knowledge of what to do with them (now I know, call a wildlife rehabilitator, but I'm not sure if they care for gophers).

Anyone know what to do in such a case, other than let mother nature run its course?

Jamie: Bravo for getting out there and hanging on!

traildc: Speedwork, eh? Now I know why you almost left me in the dust! Wink

TT: Good that the rain has stopped - more need to re-hydrate after the run!

Muppy: Nice run!

Gatsby: 30k is a great distance, hope the race will work for you!

warden: Better run when a storm is near, that will speed you up instantly!

DD1: I sometimes get in just an instant run before or after work to wake up, or calm down. Over time, the miles add up, and the risk of injury is minimal.

AT: No need to be sorry for me having been working today. It was great, special!

Queen: Have a great workout, whatever you choose!

Chnaiur: Love those easy runs every now and then!

QOTD: Strength training. In the last 1-2 years, I have lost a lot of strength (no, not beginning menopause, can't be that, right, RIGHT?), but I don't have the motivation often to work on that specifically. However, when I noticed recently that I also have lost strength in my arms (push-ups), I decided to work on that now, so that when I fall, at least I won't knock out a tooth - being a peri-menopausal, frail woman is one thing, having no teeth is a different pair of shoes, certainly not mine!

Have a great evening, trailers, enjoy the day's benefits (beer, fireworks,...)!

Run for fun.

Snowdenrun

Happy Independence!

Sitka has fireworks on the 3rd every year, so last night the celebrations started. I was on "stand-by" as a firefighter, which means I was with the engine staged at the actual fireworks. Which by the way is really, really cool. We were so close that ash and debris were falling all over and around us. It was really cool feeling the blast through my chest from the bigger ones. Pretty cool seeing the set up of everything too. I was surprised when it was all done old-school by manually lighting the string and not by computers. For the finale a guy took a torch, lit it and literally did a running jump out of the way.

Today there is a water fight. An old tradition where the fire department and the coast guard face off with fire hose and spray a beer keg, each team trying to get it across the opponents line. There is a whole bunch of smack talk between the FD and the CG, but really its a lot of luck. Kids love it.

Yesterday I got out for a 6.75 mile easy run. I may or may not run after the water fight, guess it depends on what's going on.

QOTD: Definitely speed work and cross/strength training, both of which I always say I'm going to start but never do. Consistency would be another big thing.

ceezy

Hope everyone has had a good 4th!

Got in 5 good miles on a new trail...always makes for a fun run.  Will definitely put it in the rotation and I can't wait to explore further.  Was planning more today but it was a solid run and my quads are a bit sore. Only have 17 in so far this week, so hopefully I can get a few good runs to close out the week.

QOTD:  Probably need to throw in more speed/interval type runs, have actually been thinking about this as well. Smile

And I need to do more strength/core training...I do some ab work and a few yoga poses/stretching but need to get back to more consistent strength/core work.