Trailer Trash

Foggy Fridailies (Read 25 times)

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile trail run in a light drizzle and fog this morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

Speed workout on the track today, 5 x 1000.  Drizzle/fog here as well.

QOTD:  guys, long shorts or short shorts?  ladies, what's the deal with those running skirts?

I have a mix of longer and shorter running shorts - I stick with the short ones in races and noticed while running this morning that I hate the longer ones when they get wet.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today (maybe some pullups/situps/pushups later) - have a fun trail 12k race tomorrow that I'll be running (well jogging anyways) w/ my DD

qotd: the ones I favor are kind of in between, I do have a couple pairs of short shorts that I break out in the heat-they are comfy Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

URW (unscheduled rest week) for me still.  Stepped on a nail early in the week with right my foot, and I'm still limping around.  Minor infection at the puncture sight, so taking the antibiotics.  Foot still swollen, but seems to be getting smaller.  My 24 hr race is in 2 weeks.  DW feels horrible since she's the one who removed the fence board and didn't take the nail out of the board.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.  Good luck to all racers and pacers.

QOTD:  Mid-length, I guess (5" inseam).  Don't like the really long shorts and I don't have the body for the Speedo length shorts.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

SRD, but I'll probably end up running anyway.

QOTD: I don't like long shorts because they feel heavy to me. I don't like those super short ones, either. I feel exposed in those. I like a mid-thigh short, and I prefer 2 n 1 shorts over regular running shorts. I have had some major issues with chaffing, and Body Glide can only do so much in this humidity we have down here.

LB2

LB2

URW (unscheduled rest week) for me still.  Stepped on a nail early in the week with right my foot, and I'm still limping around.  Minor infection at the puncture sight, so taking the antibiotics.  Foot still swollen, but seems to be getting smaller.  My 24 hr race is in 2 weeks.  DW feels horrible since she's the one who removed the fence board and didn't take the nail out of the board.

That stinks. I hope it heals up quickly.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks.

I had a great 6 mile road run this morning, in the drizzle.

AT: Let's just call it an early taper and hope for best. Yes, rookie carpenter mistake by DW.

QOTD: I use 4" inseam shorts. Unless, of course, I'm doing leg lifts in the local park-then I

use the 2" inseam with split sides.

Birdwell

Good morning!

Got in 4 last night, after doing leg work at the gym. Bad idea. Run before lifting next time.

AT: Hope you heal up quick.

QOTD: I like them a little longer, I guess. They're probably a little lower than mid-thigh.

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

SRD today. Hope to get out for some good steep trail miles this weekend if I can find the time.

QOTD: My current preferred race day shorts are 5" which seem pretty dang short to me. For everyday runs I don't mind a little longer if it's not too hot. Ran my first race in a pair of 11" inseam hiking shorts. They were actually really comfy as well.

Watoni

Hopefully some endurance hill work after work. Mom is in town, so need to be relatively quick. Plan is for a long run in the dark with the coyotes tomorrow am.

QOTD: My favorite were the old North Face better than naked short. The "long haul" ones do not feel as good being a bit longer and having more compression

QOTD: 5" inseam shorts are what I run in.  I have a strong dislike for really long shorts.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost perfect titled....perfect would have been.   Misty morning.  5.7 with Eafl..felt like I was In The Pacific Northwest.  Nice run.

qotd:  Skirts..just something different to wear.  it was a fad.....though they are great for woman with bladder issues.  Can I add my 2 cents on the men's shirts (you know being the forum cougar I check all male runners).   Short shorts only look good on the think runnER Bodies.  If you actually have  legs go for the 5 inches minimum...your welcome 

AT:  That's a good wife.  If  my husband would of left the nail in he would still blame me for stepping on it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Morning, folks

QOTD: I use 4" inseam shorts. Unless, of course, I'm doing leg lifts in the local park-then I

use the 2" inseam with split sides.

2inch seam reminds of the OP days all over .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Plan on an easy seven after work today.

QOTD I think I wear about a 7 inch inseam, I'm 6'2" andI don't really like the shorty shorts oRhine long ones either. On the bright side my son is thoroughly embarrassed when I wear them, he thinks are too short!

Gator eye

2 miles this morning as a warm up for the only road race I have scheduled this year. It's suppose to be a supported training run for a 50 I have next month. I just have to remember to keep saying to myself, I will not run hard, I will not run fast, I will not run hard, I will not run fast, I will not run hard, I will not run fast, I will not run hard.....you get the idea.

QOTD: I like short shorts but my DW like to remind me that I'm 48 and no one wants to see that. LOL