Trailer Trash

Tahoe Denizens -- Help (Read 33 times)

Watoni

Hey, given that the snow in Tahoe is pretty thin, I am guessing there is some decent trail running to be had.

My sons will be skiing at Northstar (my 8-year old is doing a freestyle development program, so as long as the terrain park is open he is set), but I want to run!

I have considered going rogue on the some of the closed ski trails, but would appreciate any other tips.

Happy Holidays!

jonferg67

Endless trails

That's Queen of Nothing's (Sue) stomping ground, she could probably give a few options.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

My husband is working near the Village , he said you should expect anything but should be able to run . There is 4-6" of snow in the woods+ some ice , in places it's completely burned off and could be muddy , some type of traction would be good . He said there is only snow near the Village and above that bare ground , only 5 runs open ( not 100% sure if that is accurate information but he heard it from a ski instructor there ) .

Watoni

My husband is working near the Village , he said you should expect anything but should be able to run . There is 4-6" of snow in the woods+ some ice , in places it's completely burned off and could be muddy , some type of traction would be good . He said there is only snow near the Village and above that bare ground , only 5 runs open ( not 100% sure if that is accurate information but he heard it from a ski instructor there ) .

Great .... there are actually about 30 "trails" open as of last weekend, but on many the best you can do is ruin a ski.

I still did about 15,000 feet a day of easy skiing with the bride and even got some family skiing in with my 10-year old. My 8-year old just practiced 180s, iron crosses, grabs, jumps and other things that give me a heart attack with his team