Trailer Trash

The Wednesdaily (Read 32 times)

Sandy-2

Good morning Trailers.

Since downtown Shanghai is hosting some sort of summit for Asian leaders today, they told the local workers to stay home and ordered the local polluting factories (includimg shipyards) to shut down for two days.  Why am I informing you of this interesting tidbit of power of the leadership over the proletariat?  This decision really affected my run this morning....  as in the air quality this morning was pretty good. It was still warm and humid, but I guess the local government couldn't figure out a way to control that as well.

Since I had time, it was a little less crowded, and the air was ok, I ended up doing 12 city miles this morning. I took a lap around Century Park, saw lots of runners so I guess that is the place to run in Pudong. Now I'm off to provide training for the local engineers in the company I work for.

qotd: Coffee or Tea?

I'm a coffee drinker, but tea isn't bad every once in a while. One of the shipyard guys hosted us for some special tea yesterday, it was a big production and tradition, but it was kinda cool also. The tea was great.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

good morning, trailers!

Got in 5.5 miles on Monday, and was going for another run last night (two days in a row!) and the knee put a kibosh on that.  I got to the other side of our neighborhood park and decided the adjustment to my gait to make it less painful was going to do more damage than good.  So I got in a nice, slow walk and did a bit of foam rolling afterwards.  Feels much better today.  I knew that I needed to stretch more and foam roll after Monday, but I guess I'm a slow learner.

Sandy-- sounds like an interesting run.  Do you think there were more runners because of your route, or was it the improved air quality?

qotd:  coffee.  and then more coffee.  I drink tea occasionally, but usually only herbal and at night.

Occasional Runner

Getting a late start, but I'm heading out now for 10 mountain miles. My quads are sore from bombing down a 3000' descent yesterday, so I'm going to stick with the rolling trails today.

QOTD: Definitely coffee, and lots of it.

LB2

7 tonight, at some point. I ran a nice little fartlek with the dog last night. He was about to go to bed, but when he saw my headlamp, he went nuts: sit, stand, wag tail, sit, pant, stand, wag tail, sit... I couldn't leave him.

QOTD: Coffee. I love coffee unless it is weak. I don't like to drink hot water; pour some more grounds in that filter and get the robust flavor that God wants us to have.

LB2

5 humid and sluggish miles this morning. Not sure if the sluggishness was a result of still being tired from Dirty German, lack of caffeine, or the humidity. Likely a combo of all.

QOTD: I enjoy both, but coffee is my favorite. I've been making cold brew iced coffee in the french press lately and love it on humid days like today. This will definitely be a summer staple for me.

It was 70 F and humid at the start of our 4.5 mile trail run and rain started half way through. We heard thunder off to the north. Marley had some excitement when she caught and killed a ground hog. She has a small cut on her lip in the corner of her mouth as a result.

QOTD: Definitely coffee.  I don't care much for tea, but love my coffee.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today (sans my bike commute to work)

qotd: latte- two shots, no flavor- thanks 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

With thunder and lightening happening outside I hit the eliptical for a hour this morning.

QOTD: I like coffee, I like tea, I like the girls and the girls like me

Marley must be one tough pup, those ground hogs don't give up easy. I had a golden retriever lose the end of his nose to one, I didn't have the money for the vet so we glued it back on with super glue. It was a little crooked but it stayed on.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, all

5 road miles for me this morning, another nice spring morning. I saw an oposum on a dirt road, that

was a first-I had to look it up to be sure.

Sandy-Interesting about the shutdowns. I had to look up Century Park out of curiosity.

QOTD: Coffee, two cups a day, and strong.

AT-runner

Tim

Hoping the thunderstorms let up so I can get some easy miles in at lunch.  Back is a little sore from moving DD#2 into her new apartment, but all in all a successful move.

Marley can come to my house, we have a few fat groundhogs near the barn that she cold easily catch.

QOTD:  Don't really drink either, but if I had to make a choice it would be Irish breakfast tea.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Marley must be one tough pup, those ground hogs don't give up easy. I had a golden retriever lose the end of his nose to one, I didn't have the money for the vet so we glued it back on with super glue. It was a little crooked but it stayed on.

I would have never have guessed that she could be that tough.  She is so gentle and generally submissive around other dogs, children, and generally most creatures.  When she caught rabbits and squirrels she let them go.  When she found baby fawns she seemed to be trying to mother them.  I guess she has now proved her tough gal status and  that the time she killed a raccoon wasn't just a fluke.

Super glue, wow that is pretty amazing.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Low_O2

Hello all!

Out for an easy 2.4 mile cruise around the hood with the dog this morning. Stopped by the dog park so the pup could stretch his legs a bit, since 2.4 miles surely isn't enough for him. My last run before attempting to run 50 miles this weekend. All systems seem good except for a slight pain on the side of my ankle that has been lingering for the last week. Weather looks to be favorable as well, so should be fun!

QOTD: Coffee daily, but throw in some tea every once in a while especially if I'm feeling sick.

Watoni

Going to go for some easy hill work today. That approach got me my best time this year on my lunch ride up King's Mountain yesterday, but I do need to take it mellow. Last night's UTMB talk at San Francisco Running Company has me scared and excited for my Dolomite run.

QOTD: Used to be coffee only (espresso), but now I drink some tea on occasion.

Pic of the coffee i made the bride this am

http://instagram.com/p/oRKb9RCRpo/#

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Planning to run after work.  Had to go into the office an hour earlier today, enough to make me not run in am.

QOTD:  Both but true coffee drinkers would say I don't drink coffee...I like lot's of cream.  I drink my tea english style with sugar and milk.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

DigDug2

6.7 on the roads this a.m.  Took an USRD yesterday with really achy legs from the weekend - shook them out during the run this morning and they feel a lot better now.  Planning to run a road 5K tomorrow evening with work people - should be fun.

QOTD:  both, but more coffee.  I've been trying to cut down on the caffeine, so only the first cup of the day is caffeinated.