Trailer Trash

Tax Season Tuesdaily (Read 33 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

3 miles last night at a tempo pace.  5 miles this morning in the snow at my local park.  Saw two foxes playing around in the snow.  I felt like I interrupted them.

QOTD 1: Have you done you taxes yet?

I did all of mine on Saturday.  I can't stand waiting, not to mention we get some nice money back so it will be useful.

QOTD 2: If you had to choose between staying at your "ideal" running weather all year or having the weather change throughout the year and having to adapt to it, which would you choose? I know we have lots of weather related questions but this one hit me the other day when someone was talking about perfect running weather.

I would still choose the changing of the seasons.  I think it's so fun to run in all sorts of weather, temps, precip, etc.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Man, what a horrible morning  so far. No need for details. I can't help but think that if I were a morning runner, things would look a lot differently to me now. Perhaps this is motivation for me to start...

Anyway, last night was 6 easy treadmill miles and tonight will be around 5 miles outside before rec. league volleyball championships! This is a big deal after an amazing come from behind victory last week to make it into the quarterfinals! We drink wine during the game....it's not that intense Wink

QOTD 1: Nope

QOTD 2: I could do without the extremes. In my opinion, 0 degrees and 100 degrees are never fun, no matter what. But if It ranged from like 30 to 80, I could live with that. I would never give up running in the rain though, it's so much fun! I've had some of my best runs in the rain.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning.  Got 7 miles on the road.  Busy day, so couldn't drive to trails for fun n the snow.

boyjame - looks like the early bird catches the rebate.

TnC - hope your day gets better.  Agree on the extremes.

QOTD1: I meet with my accountant March 21st.  No hurry to do taxes when you have your own business and pay every year.

QOTD2:  I love the change in seasons.  When it's hot, I wish it would cool off, and when it's cold I dream of warmer runs.  If it was the same temperature, I'd have nothing to complain about. Smile

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Wandering Wally

Planning a 60 minute run tonight.  Distance will be whatever that 60 minutes gives me.

QOTD1 - I am a CPA, so I started working on other people's taxes a few weeks ago.  Not sure when I will do my own.  Probably in June.

QOTD2 - I prefer change.  I like the changing seasons.  I might complain about the the summer heat, but I still like the change.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

NorthernHarrier

Easy run yesterday on a bike path. Felt good. Today will be 7 on the roads at a moderate pace. Nothing too thrilling. Weights and elliptical tonight. Think I need to buy a new battery for my car on the way home and put it in tonight. The starting has started to sound questionable and who needs to be stranded at the worst time.

QOTD 1--LOL!  I'm in AT's boat.

QOTD 2-- As much as I whine about the weather I do love the seasons. I will never live anywhere but the 3 state region of Wi, Mn, and Mi.

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  5 fast miles after work yesterday with our dog.  It was a hard run for her.  She tried to protest our leaving for work in the morning by refusing to eat her breakfast.  I think that really contributed to her lagging a bit on our run last night, then scarfing down her dinner and crashing the rest of the evening.

QOTD 1:  Not just yet.  I generally wait until the 2nd week of February to do them so that I make sure I have all of the documents I need.  I know businesses are required to have them out by 1/31, but in my experience, sometimes they come just a bit late.

QOTD 2:  I'd prefer the weather to change.  I grew up in Southern CA, and now I live in MT.  I really appreciate the changing seasons, weather patterns, and other things that make me more aware of nature and the time of year.

Trail Monster

60 minute steady state today.

QOTD: Yes, our taxes are done.

QOTD2: I would choose ideal weather all the time. I hate pretty much hate every season except summer. I don't like rain, snow, or wind/cold. Hence why my treadmill has 1800+ miles on it in only 2 years. I would give anything for 70-80* and sunny with a light breeze year round.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Occasional Runner

Froze my ass off in -22 degree weather up here in Canada. Brutal after coming back from the Caribbean.

QOTD: Not yet. It's going to be more challenging because I bought 2 more houses in 2012. I'm planning to do them this weekend. But I might run instead.

QOTD 2: I travel so much that I would get varying weather either way. I hate the cold though.

Ran a race this past weekend.  Did well. Got a buckle.  SRD for me. Smile

qotd: no.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

About to head out for a few miles in the fresh snow. It's going to be a slippery ride again... but at least not too cold, and NO WIND, yay!

lace_up: Is that a "-", as in "minus", in front of the 22, and are you measuring in Fahrenheit, not Celsius? Jeeez! Shocked

I hope you brought home some warm air from the Caribbean in cans or bottles.

QOTD1: Almost done. We'll get them off these days.

QOTD2: For everyday life, I would not complain about 80+ degrees and sunshine every day, but for running, I sure prefer the change. I am a fighter, and, as much as I complain sometimes, I love going out in hot or cold weather, just to see how I will be doing.

Strange thing, however, in summer, I can't recall what running that trail in winter felt like, and vice versa. Anyone else notices that?

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Since I'm working from 7 am to 11 pm it looks like this will be a work induced rest day again. But then I have three days off to catch up.

QOTD 1: Normally I wait until the 1st of April to get started on them. Because the kiddos could use the money i'm probably going to get started earlier this year especially on theirs, but I will wait to send my own in until sometime in April.

QOTD 2: The cold doesn't bother me as much as the snow and wind does. I would love to live in an area where I wouldn't have to deal with the snow but i would miss the changing seasons if it stayed warm all the time. Maybe I wouldn't mind the snow so much If I had shoes that kept my feet from getting wet.

Birdwell

Cross training day for me. We recently got a gym membership (thanks to my lovely wife volunteering at the gym childcare center fro 3 hours each week), so i think i'm going to head there after work for the first time.

QOTD: Started them, not in any hurry to get them done. I revise my withholdings every year, and I think i nailed it this year. My estimated return so far is $31.

QOTD #2: my favorite running temp is 40 F, with overcast skies, and a 5 MPH gentle breeze.

I don't mind the changes so much though.

KreegSauceRuns

5 miles in 48 min. at lunch.  Ran my first sub-9 minute mile in a few months today.  That was different.

QOTD1:  no

QOTD2:  I'd rather have changing seasons.  Maybe the hot months wouldn't last as long though.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Will run after work.  5ish.  Thought for sure Mike S. started this thread but I was wrong.

QOTD1: No we wait as we always pay.  Maybe figure them out this month so we know the damage.  April is a  very expensive month for us with property tax, income tax, insurance for cars and houses all due that month.

QOTD2: Ya know, I think I would take the ideal running weather.  I still want the seasons but keep the weather ideal.  We almost have that here.

birdwell:  smart wife.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

lace_up: Is that a "-", as in "minus", in front of the 22, and are you measuring in Fahrenheit, not Celsius? Jeeez! Shocked

I hope you brought home some warm air from the Caribbean in cans or bottles.

That -22 is Fahrenheit. It tarnishes my love for Canada.