Trailer Trash

Sweaty Saturdaily (Read 26 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Maybe it's not worth having a daily today but in case someone does want to post (or read how my morning run went Big grin).  I got out early to see if I could beat the heat.  Started on the trails before sunrise.  Was slow going - unsure why.  The first 7 miles were basically me running through cobwebs and then stopping to clear them off of my hat, face, shirt, legs.  I ran into a hiker (going the opposite way) at mile 7 and we exchanged a few pleasant words including a thank you for clearing the next few miles of the cobwebs.  All in all I got in 20 miles in a little over 4 hours.  By the end, the heat had caught up to me - close to 90 deg and humid by the time I finished.  Not a great run but a LR is a LR and I will take it.

QOTD: Where is everyone?

Cool

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Nice run, Jamie.  DW and I bagged our run today and went kayaking instead.  We floated around for a while but did paddle 4 miles.

QOTD: I'm in my living room right now soaking up the AC. Big grin

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Snowdenrun

Morning!

Boyjame- I'm surprised it's so quite around here. Nice long run! I can't imagine running in that kind of heat, or getting up before sunrise. I ran through a cobweb the other day and the spider stuck to my face. I did a little freak out dance.

Hoping the part for my vehicle actually comes in today so I can finally get it fixed. Between walking the dog, walking to work and drinking my coffee(a must of course) I need to have a lot of motivation to run. I think I've been in a rut for a few weeks. I was running yesterday and even though I was really enjoying the run it self I found myself thinking I'm ready for the marathon(Aug 3rd.) I'm running to be over. I'm excited for it, but not sure that I'm ready for it. It's kind of something that just hangs over my head a lot.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

Sweating it out today. While I did not "feel" the heat the previous days, or on my runs, I am flattened by it today. Maybe because of the lack of sleep? I was wide awake last night, thanks to two handfuls of chocolate covered coffee beans - not the best idea to have those in the late afternoon when you're not used to even just drinking coffee. At 4 a.m., I considered heading out for a run, but then felt at least some sleepiness coming on, so I turned around in my bed instead. And now, I'd like to bail out because it's too hot to run. I'm a slacker, I know.

Jamie: Woohoo, you made it out there, and even for a long run. Great job!

AT: Now where can I get a kayak? Wink

QOTD: Just came home from work into a house with the A/C set way too high. Strange, normally I like it that way, just not today!

QOTD2: When will this day be over, please?

Have a good one, all!

Run for fun.

Ugh, hate running into cobwebs.  On behalf of fellow haters, thanks for clearing them out boyjame!

Kayaking sounds delightful, AT.

DH and I did a little over 7 with my RC this morning and are planning on 10 in the redwoods at Purisima tomorrow.  We're having our usual summer weather with temps in the 50s and fog.  What is this AC of which you speak?  Wink

QOTD: I'm on my couch considering the chores I need to do today.  And doing none of them.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

URD for me, had to help w/ our moving sale

hoping to get a long run tomorrow morning Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just finished 6.5 sweaty miles.  Ran into George and did a mile together, saw a co-worker at a yard sale so talked to her a bit, and then when I was almost home the neighbor pulled over to shot the shit with me.  So 6.5 in 90 minutes.  Undecided

QOTD: Drinking water, it's so good when you are thirsty, shower, then maybe barbeque and a movie or movie and a barbeque.

QOTD From Last Week:  Miles for June 116.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Brian Runner

No run today. I did some trail maintenance on the local powerline climb (gonna need that again to get ready for a 50k in October). Heading up to run 20+ on the Fingerlakes Trail with some friends early tomorrow morning.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

14.1 mile Long run in Clayton park, 80*F, and humid.  Missed starting with the usual group and thought I'd meet them eventually , but never did.  Ran the 7 mile "full tour" route, which hits every trail in the park at least once, with a minimum of repeats, then did it again backwards. Took a fall into some nice soft sand and rolled well, unhurt.  Wound up walking at the end, with heat exhaustion or something when I ran out of water.  1 liter for the last 5 miles was apparently not quite enough.  Still haveing chafing issues...may run top down and see if that helps..  All good training, since I'll need to get this all sorted out by Aug 10th.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Birdwell

QOTD: I'm right here. I haven't been posting much, as I haven't been running much. I'm debating taking the rest of July off from running, and swimming while I heal. I do have some cool hikes coming up, I'll take a camera and post some pics.

QOTD2: not nearly soon enough.

muppy

It was 95* and dew point of 71 after work and i did 4.3 miles of hills. I'm happy to say my pace was only about 20 seconds slower than my normal easy pace, (was running by feel) and I felt pretty good the whole time.

QOTD I was at work all day, then ran, now letting the GF take me out to dinner! Cool

Daydreamer1

I wanted to get in a 20 mile run today. With the heat I would have had to get out of bed and get to the trails between 0600 - 0630. That didn't happen and I didn't get started until 830. Didn't feel too bad up in the mountains. I took along a zip lock baggie and stopped at every creek and poured water over myself. What a friki'n shock when the cold water would hit but it sure helped. Ended up getting in 18.7 miles. The heat didn't bother me as much as running out of Perpetuem did. Ran out around the 12 mile mark and then didn't eat the way I should have and ended up with stomach problems the last 2 miles. The deer flies feasted on me at the end. I guess the deet had wore off.

Jame - You just have to learn to embrace the cobwebs. Once there are enough of them wrapped around your head the deer flies start sticking to them and it's easier to kill the bastards.

AT - Kayaking sounds like fun. Someday I want to try it.

Snow - You need to move to interior Alaska. In 2003 I rode my bike along the pipeline up at Fox and the temp got to over 90. Locals told me that wasn't all that unusual. The next day I rode in 48 degree rain!!!

FTYC - Some days the  heat just beats you up more then others. I had the same problem with sleeping last night but it wasn't caffeine induced. Too many things on my mind.

Gatsby - Careful or we'll ship some heat your way. And A/C is one of those things we have here on the East coast for the electric company to take money out of our wallets. Of course I get a little bit back by way of a nice dividend every quarter.

Warden - Just put up a sign that everything's on the honor system and go for the run!!! Remember, it's all about priorities.

Queen - Don't focus on time, focus on the nice rest periods.

Brain - I really need to do some trail maintenance to, but if I do that then I'll have to cut the running back to much. Still I want to figure out haw to get some in the trails are getting overgrown at some places.

jbyram2 - Sand makes a nice soft landing. I always seem to find at least one rock to hit.

Bird - Pics are always nice.

Muppy - GF taking you out for dinner eh. So what will this cost you in the long run Clown.

QOTD: I was out running until 1:30 then didn't get home until 2:30. Now sitting in the A/C getting ready to work on some school work.

QOTD 2: Shouldn't this question be: When will this stupid humidity move on? I'm tired of it Angry.

Sandy-2

After yesterday's 20 mile hilly run on FTYC's mountain I decided to "taper" today for pacing my friend at Hardrock next weekend.  Therefore decided to do 20 miles on the flat hike/bike trail in Happy Valley very early this morning.  Started at 5am so I'd be done before family stuff started for the day.  I did make it across town to the hunting preserve, glad it isn't hunting season.  It was a bit humid, but the temps were not too bad to start, then got warm at the end.

Then we went to watch the DN play in a baseball game.

qotd: visiting family in central PA.

tbd.

ceezy

8....it was hot but I actually thought it was going to be hotter, helped out by a good bit of shade. Just had a comfortable run and didn't want to push it too much.