Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 30 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

I'm heading out now for a 6 mile tempo run on asphalt and then a core workout at the gym. When I get home, I'll throw on my trail gear for 10ish trail miles with a bunch of vert.

Warm but windy here this morning. I can live with that.

QOTD: Do you pay bills online or write checks?

I have a couple of bills that I pay online but I still like the process of sitting down and processing all my payables in paper format. I feel more connected to it that way.

LB2

Today is a rest day. I have a kindergarten graduation to go to tonight. I got some good climbing in on the treadmill last night, though.

QOTD: I am happy to say that I paid off a bunch of bills when I sold my house, but I still have enough bills to keep me busy. I pay some online, but I also like to sit down and write things out on paper.

LB2

Gator eye

Did a easy 4 this morning, still babying some weird tightness/pain in my left leg but it's starting to feel better.

QOTD: I pay almost everything online except for my mortgage, I still like to send that off in the mail.

Marley  and I had a nice easy 4 mile trail run this pleasant morning. I plan to do a mountain bike ride later.

QOTD: Online, and once in a while over the phone.  Actually DW is the one who pays the bills though.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

Ended up doing 6 miles around the hood yesterday.  I tried out a new pack I blew my REI bonus on (Gregory Tempo 8).  My first impression is that it is not a racing pack, but should be good for my purposes (Fatass 100k and riding my bike to the trail head to run).  I'll post more about it once I form an opinion on it.

QOTD: All of my bills and paychecks are processed electronically.  I'm very detached from my money, but I didn't start that way...makes me wonder how the next generation will view/treat money.  I write 1 monthly check for rent.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

I tried out a new pack I blew my REI bonus on (Gregory Tempo 8).  My first impression is that it is not a racing pack, but should be good for my purposes (Fatass 100k and riding my bike to the trail head to run).  I'll post more about it once I form an opinion on it.

Gregory sent me that pack last year and I wore it in a race so I could review it. I wasn't a fan.

AT-runner

Tim

Short run on the road today, foot feels 95%.  Now heading to Morgantown, WV to move DD#2 into a new apartment at WVU.  She's on the second floor, so hopefully won't be too bad.  With my luck lately, I'll probably fall down the steps.

QOTD:  Online for all of my bills.  Then I just export the file to Quickbooks, and I'm done.  I had to hand write a check to a mechanic the other day and I stared at the check for a while trying to remember what to do, it was a pretty strange feeling.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Gregory sent me that pack last year and I wore it in a race so I could review it. I wasn't a fan.

There's already some things I don't like about it, but the storage space is excellent...I need it to carry my running shoes while bike riding and my biking shoes while running.  The whole bladder setup it too cumbersome to use while racing and the storage space is overkill for that too.  Also, I'm spoiled by the Salomon "underarm" routing of the drink tube (do they have exclusive rights to this? why are they dicking around with soft flasks?)...the tube going over the shoulder, uninsulated, makes for warm drinking water every time.  It seemed to carry decently, but I only did 6 miles with it and only loaded with water.

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

I did 5 road miles this morning, perfect weather, gotta love spring.

AT: Did you hear about the fire at the Governors mansion in West Virginia?

...the only thing left was the wheels.

QOTD: All online except rent check.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  I'll get some biking in commuting to/fro work and will strength train after work

qotd: online, gobs easier- we used to go through checks like crazy, w/ online banking (and debit cards) checks are a rare occurrence

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 6 miles along the waterfront up in Dalian. I had to make a quick side trip up there to visit 2 shipyards. Now I'm back in Shanghai. Where I ran was reclaimed land that wasn't there last time I was up there, abt 3 or 4 years ago. Unbelievable.

But one stretch was pretty boring, flat and a straight line for about 2.5 miles. At the end of the 2.5 miles I turned around and went back.  I wanted to hit the nearby hills, but I didn't have the time.

qotd: mostly online.

tbd.

Got 4 easy miles done this morning, first morning run in a loong time. I forgot how much I enjoy it!

QOTD: online all the way.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Earl and I had a nice 6.4 this morning.  Cool and cloudy here, wore capri's and long sleeeves.  You cold country folks would have been in shorts and singlets!

QOTD:  Mostly online.  The occasionals--insurance, property tax, DMV I pay via check.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

My 2nd run of the day was AWESOME! I planned 10 but went 14 because the conditions were perfect and I was feeling awesome. I made a 3000' ascent to 9500' and headed to the base of Mt. Ogden and started to climb some more. I turned around at a creek crossing because the water was raging with runoff, and I probably needed to head back anyway. This is one of the trails right at the end of my street, but I don't make that ascent as often as I should.

This picture is about 2 miles before the spot where I turned around.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Still in full rest mode, feeling weak and exhausted, but on the same account, things are improving each day. That's the good thing about my recovery. So as I have lots of spare time now, I was looking forward to getting my hair done this evening, in a joint appointment with DD, only to learn that the stylist cancelled on us. Oh well. LB2: congrats on graduating from Kindergarten! Wink) AT: hope there will be lots of solid rails on the stairs, not to make hauling the furniture up there most difficult, but saving you from a nasty fall. Take care! Sandy: that's mental endurance training, at least, I try to see those never-ending flats as such. BTW, you might have to look for new trails in NYC, I just read that one nice path in Central Park is under construction for the next few months (Jaqueline Kennedy-Onassis loop). Queen: I bet Earl looked great in capris... Wink QOTD: a few bills online, but I prefer paper checks.

Run for fun.