Trailer Trash

it's almost Friday Thursdaily (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Thank goodness for short work weeks!  got a good hill repeat session in last night (legs feel it today), going to strength train this evening

few pics from last weekend, skied into a Forest Service cabin for the night w/ DW- really fun

qotd: weekend plans?  DW has the next couple of days off and headed to see the grand kids, I'm hoping to get a long ski in on Saturday, some kind of run on Sunday

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Mike, that looks awesome! Nice cabin. Were anyone else around, or were you two all alone? Your pulk is really getting some usage.

SRD today. Heading in for colonoscopy in 1/2 hour. Prep wasn't bad, but I'm starving.

QOTD: No big plans. Hopefully a run or two in the snow. If we get as much snow as they are calling for I'll run on the logging roads, since the usually have some tracks from trucks or snowmobiles. The trails might be too much snow to run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

bagge_pants

Nice photos!

Are the shorter skis considered hunter skis?

Looks like the ten day forecast where I'm at doesn't have snow in sight yet so I'll go out today and ski the tracks while they are somewhat fresh with recent snow still.

QOTD: on subject, this is the last day of my weekend. After today I'll have about 5 hours of cross country skiing for the weekend.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AT not a soul until Sunday when we were about a mile from the truck and a group of six (loud) snowmobiles were headed up- my DW gave them her best stink eye 

if you get enough snow, running snowshoes for the win!

bagge- they might be??? they are Altai Hoks, marketed as a cross between snowshoes and skis, pretty accurate portrayal. They have metal edges and big section of permanent skins on them- not nearly as fast as my DWs skinny skis, but in tougher terrain the skinny skis would be very disadvantaged

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Checking in.  No run in two days.  Need to do something.  This busy stuff is for the birds.

Love pics warden! Keep em coming.  I have contemplated buying some used xc skies  and teach myself to ski.  Any tips are helpful.

QOTD: No plans anymore.  We cancelled EVERYTHING once we heard about the upcoming snow.    Actually we did postpone DS2 b-day party.  It was easy to postpone so no worries on that.  Otherwise, it's probably playing in the snow to come, watch some playoff football (Go Pats!) and get some school work done.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

7.4 miles yesterday at the gym.

Mt warden,  looks like a great time!

QOTD  since it is going to snow from Friday evening till Sunday morning, I will be shoveling /snowblower/plowing/ snow at work the whole time.  I am not a fan of snow!

NHLA

Tried to run in snow yesterday but I needed goggles because it was blowing in my eyes.

Going to get out and run this afternoon.

Great pics!

qotd  bad storm comming. Snow and ice shut us down in the mts. because the roads suck even if there is no snow.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Dragged my ass out of bed to get 4 miles in...better than nuttin.  Love my new trail...

QOTD:  Nothing planned.  Suppose to be rainy and then just bleak on Sunday.  The old man is suggesting a hike on Sunday.  I am thinking bowling on Saturday.

MT:  You picks won't show for me.   but it sounds cool...especially if you haul all the supplies.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Going to try to get out for a 5-7 mile run this afternoon.  For some reason the thought of running in the wind is really bothering me this year.  I really need to get outside though. I have some crap in my lungs that I know running in the cold will knock out.

Muppy -  I always thought that the grounds keepers, or whatever they are called, at the Medical Center had a sweet job.  Always outside doing something like mowing grass or removing snow. There were several times I considered putting in for a job switch but didn't since they only work 8 hour shifts. I'm too attached to my 12, 16 and 24 hr shifts.

QOTD:  Nothing special planned.  We're not expected to get as much snow as those south and east of us so I won't have too  much snow to shovel.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Jamie- few tips. You need to know what kind of skiing you want to do before selecting skis. Groomed trails, skate skiing (this is great workout), non- groomed w/ gentler terrain, off trail, way off trail . The choice effects the type, length, width, binding, boot, etc

I would strongly suggest renting your first couple of times out to see what works and what doesn't. If you find a setup that works particularly well you can often purchase that setup at a significant discount

it really is a fun pastime in the winter and very good cross training for running

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Colonoscopy is complete. Pipes are all clear.

My heart rate was 46 before  the procedure so they had to give me meds to bump it up. The wonders of being a distance runner. Luckily the nurse anesthetist is a ultra runner and my buddy (an anesthesiologist) clued him in on what meds work best for me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Time pressed today at lunch so only ran 6 road miles through the neighborhoods on my "twisted vortex" loop. I just came up with the name today. It's a pretty nondescript run, out/back with some loops through developments never going the same direction for more than 1/2 mile. I never get more than a mile from the house the way the crow flies.

Last night was 7 out a Green Lane trails with the Lady. We finished up around 5:20pm and it was still light.

QOTD: Hmmm. Snowmegaddon? Funny how a foot or two of snow messes up the mid-atlantic. I suspect I will sleep in Saturday, eventually shovel some snow, binge on some Netflix show, try to get a run in Sunday and then watch the playoffs. Pulling for the Panthers.

AT - So, what was the post colonscopy meal?

Warden - If the cabins a rockin' don't come a knockin'!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day for running, heading out for a few hours of downhill skiing with the boys now. It's a bit chilly, but that's ok for skiing. Flurries dancing, it's going to be fun!

warden: nice pictures!

QOTD: Hoping to make it to the Discover the Dinosaurs exhibition and event on Sunday with the kids. It's about an hour's drive away, and I am not sure how much admission is, but the advertising promises a lot of fun.

Run for fun.

muppy

Muppy -  I always thought that the grounds keepers, or whatever they are called, at the Medical Center had a sweet job.  Always outside doing something like mowing grass or removing snow. There were several times I considered putting in for a job switch but didn't since they only work 8 hour shifts. I'm too attached to my 12, 16 and 24 hr shifts.

Will probably do 16 hour shifts this weekend but it's all part of the job. My theory is if you add all the  0° days  and 95° days together  every day is a perfect sunny and 65°. (At least that's what I will keep myself this weekend when it's 20° with 40 mph winds!)

Watoni

Hoping for a muddy run in the Redwoods again today, this time with a few more hills.

Weekend? If I go to Tahoe with the family again (ski team) then it will be downhill skiing and snowshoe (shuffle) running