Trailer Trash

Super Saturdaily (Read 30 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning! It is Super Saturdaily to me because I am NOT AT WORK! I have been super busy and stressed at work. I have not even had time to check in here to read about you fine folks.

Planning a 5-8 miler later today. Tomorrow will be 25 . It will be my last really long run before my race on the 3rd.

Qotd: Going forward into the new year, do you plan any changes in your running? New training strategies? Race plans/patterns?

For me I plan to race more. I like the way preparing for a race pushes my training. I would like to say i will weight train also....but I know it is not likely to happen.

Hoping Lace and other racers have good luck. Happy trails to all.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

charlesmoman

Will do a 6-8 miler today to follow up yesterday's 16 miles.

2015? Just trying to get back to where I was a year ago . . . or better.

My trip to Poland and the 70th Anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz with an Auschwitz and Dr. Mengele survivor at the end of January will certainly be a major event of the year for me. I am going with a group with Eva Kor - you can see a documentary about her on Netflix - "Forgiving Dr. Mengele". She and her twin were among the few twin survivors of Auschwitz. She is a delightful person.

runtraildc

Heading out the door shortly to meet a friend for 4 or 5 miles.  It's high 20s so it will be my coldest run this season so far.    I know many of you have been dealing with temps much lower (and snowier) for a while now.  We're heading to MN in a few weeks so I'll get my winter running in soon.

Moonlight- enjoy your weekend!  Sounds as if you've earned it.

Charles-- interesting trip!

qotd:  This year has been mediocre, running-wise, so 2015 won't have to work too hard to exceed expectations.  With that said, I haven't made any plans yet. .  I just like running and plan to keep running.

Marley and I had a nice 3 mile trail run this morning. The weather was great for running.

QOTD: Other than the fact that we are likely to move to Tallahassee so the hills will be short.  At least Tallahassee does have lots of short hills unlike most of Florida.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

Why the move, TT? When do you expect you wiil move?

Marley and I had a nice 3 mile trail run this morning. The weather was great for running.

QOTD: Other than the fact that we are likely to move to Tallahassee so the hills will be short.  At least Tallahassee does have lots of short hills unlike most of Florida.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hi there again, been MIA for a couple days (or more).

Nothing major happened, I just was crazy busy with work and family, and running, of course.

2 miles in the cold wind this morning with DD, some more to be added later in the evening. Did a nice ice run yesterday, 6.5 miles on solid ice with my spikes, which worked very well. Fun to be back at true winter running again!

My DD has decided to run more again, and she often goes out with me for just her two or three miles, sometimes six. It is fun to have her company more often, and sometimes it's even her getting me to move, when I'd rather, well, call it a(nother) rest day. 

Which does me good.

Right now, my boys are out running a half mile down the lane, to watch the several fire trucks and ambulances which have pulled up to a neighborhood house (across the creek, so it's not too close) - not sure if the neighbors are ok. 

QOTD: I've been slacking a bit, and just running for fun over the past two months, so I'm planning on upping my mileage again and getting ready for another epic 100-miler, maybe two this coming year.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy weekend, Trailers.  DW and I were going to run on the road, but we ended up heading to the AT for an 8 miler.  Ground is pretty frozen now, so hard to tell what was rocks and what was dirt.

Moon - have a great weekend, agree, sounds like you earned it.

Charles - What an emotional trip you will have.  It's been 32 years since I was there on a trip, and was very emotional.

runtraildc - Don't know how you and Couch have any time to run with what seems to be such busy kid schedules.

TT - Move to be closer to kids?

Couch - Nice to hear from you.  We knew you weren't slacking (see 2 lines above above). 

QOTD:  Same plan as this year.  I like that I now focus on only 2 or 3 races and the rest is adventure running.  I have R3 run scheduled for April, and I am totally planning on making it an enjoyable run with tons of pictures.  I have the same 24hr race in May, and then some fast packing weekends like this year.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good to see you, FTYC!

I met up with NorthernHarrier for a trail run this morning for about 8.6 miles.  He was nice enough to make some of my shoes into screw shoes in the parking lot before we headed out -- what a guy!    And the shoes were needed.  We hit a lot of ice and slush and it was good to have the extra traction.  I took a pretty decent fall, but managed to tuck and roll and didn't bang myself up too badly aside from my good hip.  By the end of the run I was covered in dirt, sand, mud, and burrs.  At that point I considered just becoming a wild woman of the woods, but I somehow managed to re-emerge into society.

QOTD: Run more.

Running is dumb.

some call me Tim

Another 5 this morning on the indoor track. Achilles was creaky afterward but no problems during and everything else is the same, so I guess I'll just keep at the soft tissue stuff and see what kinda mileage I can get in. Officially on the fence about the BoB 50 in 6 weeks.

qotd: still wanting to try low HR training in earnest. ultimately, more easy miles.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sort of a tempo effort run at a fast easy run pace if that makes any sense. Finished with 7.5 miles.

QOTD: Now that I've tried a couple 24-hour races, I'm scaling back my expectations. I'm not progressing as fast as I had hoped I would. You could say reality set in. When possible I want to spend more time on trails and when the time seems right to run a trail race out west.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TT - Move to be closer to kids?

Yeah, to be closer to daughter and son in law.  She just finished her PhD (she defended at Princeton on the 8th) and our son in law finishes in June.  They have been trying to get us to move there for a while now.  We hope grand kids aren't too far off.  They don't expect to be there forever so we are likely to be there for 6 or 7 years.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Yeah, a very nice run this morning with Mandy at one of our favorite locations. Kind of a cool fog out there that added to the beauty. But like she said she did take a nasty spill and luckily wasn't hurt too bad. Gruesome. I think I would still be laying there.  Other than that a great time.  I'm heading to the north early tomorrow and will hope for some good snowshoeing and maybe some other adventures. Depends on the snow and weather.

QOTD-No real changes, just upping the intensity a little to try to recapture a little speed. Losing a pound or two would help.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

9 miles along the canal..thought I was just meandering but actually had a good time.. The trail has a gain that can't be more than 3% ...so I guess I wasn't too aware of the effort.

QOTD:  i've signed up for a 50 miler ...and I am going to weight train.... But I've sad that the last few years.. Same as moonlighter runner .  Happiness!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Did 18 miles on Saturday over the local "mountain", then did 10 miles this morning.  Both days were cold (25 to 30 deg).  Funny thing happened though, I think my legs were a bit cold on Saturday and I took a little spill that ended up wrenching my bad shoulder a little bit when I landed.  It was one of those slow-motion falls.  But there was this really sharp pain, but it went away after a while and I was able to finish my run.  This morning I woke up and my shoulder felt a whole lot better and tonight it feels much better than it has in months.  Let's hope it stays that way!!!!

CM: sounds like a very interesting and historic trip, but also very emotional.

qotd: plan to do a whole lot more hills.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL