Trailer Trash

Just the Wednesadilies (Read 37 times)

The pooch and I had a great four mile trail run. There was a nice dusting of snow and the snow was still falling.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I had a great 5 miles yesterday after work. No run today because the weather is too bad.

QOTD: Do you follow a specific training plan for a goal race? If so, how often to you meet those mileage/time schedules?

For a goal race, I generally follow a plan that I work out myself. I try to reach 90% of my schedule at a minimum, and I can usually do that. But if I find the schedule is more than I am ready for, I won't hesitate to modify it as I go.

LB2

Birdwell

Morning folks! got in 3 late last night.

not sure what today will bring. I've got a half marathon on Saturday and while I am not doing a traditional taper, I thought it might be a good idea to get a little extra rest this week.

QOTD: I try to follow a set of loosely defined training principles as I approach any race. I hope to get it right this year at least once.

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in 45 min on the elliptical yesterday as I was cleared for low impact activity.  MRI this afternoon and the likely diagnosis will be 'bone contusion'.  Doctor sees a lot of runners, so he didn't blink when I complained I "can walk mostly fine, but I can't run".

qotd:  I sometimes follow a loose plan, outlining mileage I need to achieve and when.  I like to build in extra time to accommodate illness and injury.  However, I am planning on a trail HM in 3 weeks and my mileage is way off.  wait and see.

Hi all,

Still feeling like crap. Skipped my run last night since I could barely breathe through this congestion...will likely do the same tonight. 

QOTD: Good question. My training plan for this half marathon has pretty much gone out the window, just due to life. I'm just running by feel nowadays, trying to get in at least one weekly speedwork session and long run. The rest is up in the air.

Occasional Runner

I had a pretty incredible run this morning and it felt great. I only wish it could have been much longer. I'm looking forward to a 24 miler on Saturday so I can tear my legs up a bit.

QOTD: No, I've never subscribed to any type of plan.

sugnim

Good morning all.  I've got 10 hour work days in store for the rest of the week.  I'll get a run in when I can, but it might be calisthenic exercises in my living room until Saturday morning.  Eh.  At least all of the roads should be plowed by then & the more popular trails might be broken in.

QOTD:  I don't follow any plan.  I run when I have the opportunity, and try to take mostly trails.  My major goals are to enjoy the experience of running and to have a healthy & able body--I usually meet those goals.

Chnaiur

Doing intervals or maybe a 3000-meter max test if the track is available this pm.

QOTD: Not really. I have a weekly plan that I do a decent job of following, and aim for a monthly long run as well. So my plan is for my stead-state mileage, rather than peaking for a specific race.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Gator eye

6 on the treadmill, weather is terribly cold this morning with stiff winds.

QOTDBlush was trying to follow a plan for a spring marathon to see if I could get a PR but Mother nature has been a little on the bitchy side this winter so my goal marathon has turned into a training run for a summer 50. Oh well, I have more fun when I just wing it than following a plan.

muppy

Got in five on the trail with the micro spikes.

QOTD I was going to follow the plan from relentless forward progress, but that didn't work out.  Basically  I do a long run and a hill or speed work session each week and just easy runs the rest of the time. I'm really trying to be better at just listening to my body also, it seems to be helping me stay healthy so far. (hope I didn't just jinx myself)

jonferg67

Endless trails

I enjoyed another great 6 miler this morning, I even picked up the pace a bit.

I'm not sure if seeing a chiropractor has helped my form or leg turnover, but

I do feel 'smoother' while running, if that makes any sense.

QOTD: I'm with Birdwell; I follow a plan loosely and hope to get it right this year.

Daydreamer1

Got in some speed work  and hill training last night at the gym on the TM. Did 8 miles overall. Hoping to get out for something today. The wind is blowing and temps dropped again so It may be a short run.

QOTD: My work and personal schedules don't allow me to follow a well defined plan so i try to have a loose plan. It rarely works out for me to follow even that very well.

Sandy-2

I'm already going nuts, wishing I had brought my running stuff !!!!  Those hills off in the distance and the trail along the water are teasing me.  I'm actually feeling much better today.  I knew this would happen...  LOL.

qotd:  I make a plan and as long as I'm not hurting I'll kind of stick to it or exceed the miles.  But I also don't go too crazy if things have to change....  well except maybe what I wrote above.  

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

I'm already going nuts, wishing I had brought my running stuff !!!!  Those hills off in the distance and the trail along the water are teasing me.  I'm actually feeling much better today.  I knew this would happen...  LOL.

You can buy shorts and shoes in Europe...

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

Go barefoot!