Trailer Trash

Frickin' Freezing Fridailies (Read 273 times)

Watoni

Fill your pockets full of Chia seeds and run barefoot. Problem solved.

I run barefoot on the beach ... works for about 10 miles or so ... not running barefoot at Leadville, but perhaps I can run like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-w0b0ZibuY

Heat wave here--it's been above 20F for 3 or 4 days in a row now, but at least it's back below freezing so there's no longer a layer of water on the ice. Snuck out for a half hour run in the midst of packing up boxes to take to the post office and mail home. Lots of stress but we're getting on top of the whole moving back thing. The run felt great--I'm not sure when running became therapeutic, but it sure is now.

QOTD: Saucony Kinvara. My first pair were Kinvara 2, but this pair are the first version. Can't see much difference between them. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well they've done on snow and ice.

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Good day all.

Was able to complete 4.5 miles on the trails last night even with 50 mph Santa Ana winds.  Today is a rest day and tomorrow will be a easy fun mtn bike ride.

Shoes,  Altra Lone Peaks, Saucony Xodus 3.0 and for ultra distance Gel Scouts.

ultraendure.blogspot.com

The pooch and I had a nice 8 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: Brooks Cascadias.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Trail Monster

Hill workout plus strength at some point today.

QOTD: Saucony Triumphs for road and Altra Superiors for everything else.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Short easy 3.5 mile trail run this morning. Got to try out my new north face apex light jacket, and it was perfect for the windy, sunny, hovering around freezing temps.  I was planning on getting in a couple of miles barefoot on this new trail. It's all nice smooth clay, but couldn't manage to convince myself to take the shoes and socks off... brrrr.

qotd: currently mostly rotating between Montrail Masochists and Saucony Peregrines, but sometimes I'll break out the New Balance WT10's or 101's

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

nc tam

Had to postphone my trail time yesterday to hang out with a sick kid.  Just fever and barking cough, thank goodness.  I find the vomit thing a little hard to deal with as I'm prone to sympathy emesis.  Did manage some basement cardio though.  I'm calling today a rest day since I got to work before daylight and won't be leaving until after the sun has set.  Will get in a double tomorrow.

qotd:  trail shoes are Montrail Masochists and Brooks Cascadias.  I have a pair of Salomons (don't remember which ones at the moment but they are impressively colorful) that I like for shorter distances and hiking.  My very old road shoes are Brooks. I no longer remember which model.  I probably wear my road shoes too long.  Every time I go looking for new road shoes I get distracted by the trail stuff.

Ultra Cowboy

Did a hilly 4 mile road run last night during DD2's basketball practice.  Coughed up all sorts of junk.  The Thermometer said 50 degrees F so I shouldn't complain.

Road are NB 860v2's, Trail are NB 880's

WYBMADIITY

Save

Wandering Wally

Happy Friday all!

Rested yesterday   Heading out for 6-ish late tonight once my family duties are done.  Feels like temp is currently 14F but the wind is supposed to calm down later so it may actually feel warmer later tonight.  Weird.

QOTD - Shoes are currently Asics Gel Excel 33 trail and Asics Cumulus 14.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Third day in a row punching my ticket on the treadmill. Realized that to maintain any consistency between running and work, that the combination of gym treadmill and showers would be the routine I needed.

Hitting the trails this weekend. Smile

never give up elevation until you have to

Day of rest. Bike spin last night of 10 miles.

QOTD: wear Newtons on road and TM, Altra instincts road and smooth trail and with snowshoes wearing cycling booties over shoe. Will be going to a Altra trail shoe when I get the $ and retire my Hokas for awhile.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Like a few others...did not get up.  Since I am recovering from a cold that's ok.

MMIcheal:  Long time since we seen you on these parts.  Welcome back.

QOTD: Casacadias.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MMIcheal:  Long time since we seen you on these parts.  Welcome back.

Thanks Sue

My work for the second half of the year got really wacky.  Too many long, long days with stress and no play.

My sanity suffered, my running suffered, etc.  The only thing that prospered was my expanding rotund gut.

But is a new year and I am striving for "normalcy" - or at least consistency.  Only running on the weekends and then trying to cram everything into 1 or 2 trail runs a week, which is what I did for the better half of 2012, is just not a recipe for quality.

Already laying plans for some benchmarks for 2013 and making sure I do the training I need to get there.  And rest assured, I will be doing my weekly Sierra runs every Tuesday from July through August, when work and running combine in a nice union.

Happy New Year

never give up elevation until you have to

runner1304

SRD for me. I've got a 6 hour fat-ass run tomorrow. I'm hoping to get in about 24 miles running and maybe a few more walking.

QOTD: Brooks Ghost 4/5, Saucony Progrid Guide 5. I like the ghosts the best.

03/23/13: Clinton Lake 10 miler

04/07/13: Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k

05/11/13: DWD Gnaw Bone 50k

TrailJade

Hello, trail folks!  I'm a long-time lurker and silently migrated from RWOL to RA with everyone else.  I'll still probably lurk more than post, but decided it was time to say hi.  I'm lucky to live and play in the Wasatch mountains of Utah.

DH and I got in 20k of skate-skiing today.  It was 10k of constant, gradual uphill, followed by 10k of fabulous downhill cruising.  8 degrees at the start and a brilliant blue-sky day.  Life is good.

QOTD:  Merrell Trail Gloves for me.