Trailer Trash

Sweet Sundailies (Read 36 times)

The pooch and I hit the trail while the moonlight was still brighter than the faint glow in the east, but it quickly got light. The weather was great for running. It was a windy 45F and I broke out the windbreaker for the first time this Fall.

QOTD: Loving or hating the seasonal change in weather. I am loving it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Brian Runner

Went to see "Gravity" at the theater last night and then did an easy run around town in the dark afterwards. Nothing too crazy planned for today, though I'm waiting for it to warm up a little.

QOTD: Love/Hate. I like the change, but the problem is the change always overstays its welcome. I wish all the seaons were shorter but more frequent.

Occasional Runner

I'm resting today and will go for a run tomorrow in Wisconsin. Today is bust with packing and travel.

QOTD: Love it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Meeting the running partner in an hour for 15 flat easy miles.

Brian:  Gravity...I thought it was boring but the hubby liked it.

Lace: Take it easy this week.

QOTD:  I like fall but I actually prefer summer.  I like being warm.  I hate the short days but then I like them because they tell you to slow down.  Rainy days equal lazy days which are really nice.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Brian Runner

Gravity was great because it was different. Aside from being visually awesome, it didn’t have to resort to a lot of plot gags to be powerful. Just a minimalist movie about survival. Had a pretty neat rebirth metaphor going on also.

Low_O2

Got out for a great run with the dog yesterday. 20 miles with a bit over 5000 ft of gain, up the La Luz trail and along the crest trail. Definitely felt like fall up there. Most of the aspen leaves were down and the air was brisk. Planning on getting out for a hike with the family today.

Lace- great job at Pony express, looking forward to the RR.

QOTD: I'm enjoying the cooler weather, hating the shorter days.

Occasional Runner

Lace- great job at Pony express, looking forward to the RR.

Thanks. You would have probably hated this race because you're so strong in the mountains, but it's a pretty cool event. Definitely unlike anything that I've ever done. I hope to have the RR out tonight.

sugnim

Good morning.  I got in a nice 7.5 miles on the trails yesterday afternoon.  It seems that there are a ton of newbie mountain bike riders out these days.  All of a sudden, on trails where I would be alone, there are people huffing along on brand new bikes wearing all sorts of brand new gear.  I'm not sure what started the trend, but it sure is strange.

QOTD:  I haven't really had much of a chance to notice the changes.  With the birth of our son, I haven't been outside as much as usual.  Our garden needs winterizing, leaves are beginning to fall, and the lighting is different, but this past month is all a happy blur in my mind.

About to head out for 20-22 miles. Gorgeous weather here in Philly today, should be perfect for a long run.

QOTD: Love it. Fall is my favorite season.

moonlightrunner

Went out this morning on a run/walk with a friend who is trying to train for a December 5k.  We were out on the trails and it was nice...but I hope to get out to Custer for a 7 miler later today.  Tomorrow I work...so likely no run.  Then 15ish planned for Tuesday.  Hope I can get it done.

qotd:  I love the change in the weather (I don't like hot weather), but I hate that the days are shorter.

Lace: Congrats on your fantastic race!  You are an inspiration to this old lady!  If you can run multiple hundreds...then I should certainly be able to knock out 15 on Tuesday!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Lace: Congrats on your fantastic race!  You are an inspiration to this old lady!  If you can run multiple hundreds...then I should certainly be able to knock out 15 on Tuesday!

Thanks, that's very kind. I have no doubt you can do whatever you set your mind to!

DigDug2

10+ miles on great trails this morning with my Sunday group.  Beautiful weather, high 40s to start and cystal clear and sunny.

QOTD:  fall is my favorite season, so I'm definitely enjoying it.  August and September were so moderate this year that the change isn't as noticeable as most years (other than the waning light).

Queen of Nothing

Sue

qotd:  I changed my mind..fall is my favorite season.   It was a gorgeous day out there.  62 at the beginning and 77 at the end.  Beautiful colors and trees...lots of happy people and their happy dogs.

She's always beautiful

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Very slow recovery run, 4.3 miles.

QOTD: Early fall is nice with temps dropping from summer highs, but late fall when you need to start adding layers is my limit. I really do not like running in the cold.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Very very slow 6.7 miles with the dog (I took a walk break every mile too) + 17 mile bike ride.  I'm tired, but now there is football to be watched!

QOTD: I love fall, but I hate the changing of the seasons as it means winter is coming.  Winter is about 4 months too long here.

Running is dumb.