Trailer Trash

Punxsutawney Tuesday (Read 25 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Looks like an early Spring. Hope that big rodent is right.

Been waiting for the work traffic to slow down and then running an out and back on my road.  I'll run to my favorite trailhead, pause and sigh, then run home. It's 14 miles RT with an 1100' climb the first 1/2 and downhill on the way home.  If snow melt continues, maybe some trail running this weekend. Fingers crossed.

QOTD:  January totals (and group updates if you're in the 2016 Group thing)?  155 for me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

bagge_pants

Good Morgin' AT

Sipping Coffee and wondering why yesterday was 45 f, today when I want to run really bad is 32 f and tomorrow will be 45 f again but with rain. I guess 32 is warm for here at this time of year and I should suck it up and enjoy it. I'll run here in a bit.

QOTD: I dissected my chalkboard (analog) and notepad (digital) last night to see the totals... I always like to turn them into macros at the end of a month and make sure there isn't anything in there that looks painful - i.e.. too long of a run according to mileage, no variety, etc, no cross training would be detrimental to me. On a weekly basis I try to go by feel as much as possible though.

22 days running, 25 runs, ~150 miles for the month, about 6 miles avg per run, longest run 14 miles, 3.25 miles total intervals in 6:00 min pace, 4 days total complete rest - probably 2 days due to soreness, other 2 from being busy, ~90 min avg cross country skiing on the other 5 days off. Those would be the positives: negatives are NO BIG HILLS, LOTS OF ROAD, I want to change that especially if it is an early Spring indeed.

Gator eye

Six on the pavement. Back roads are a muddy mess,

QOTD: 231 for Jan. Thanks to the mild winter, it would be nice to be able to keep this mileage up for the last two months of winter.

XtremeTaper

The plan is for 6 hilly road miles at lunch with 3 later around the hood with the Lady. I took a rare day off from running yesterday.

Hope that groundhog is right. I will have an early spring in FL starting this weekend. Hopefully when I get back winter will be winding down here as well.

QOTD: 241 miles, 3 days off. 2 were unplanned due to winter storm. They were weekend days too else my count would be 270 or so. Still a good month I suppose. I could have used one more long run to prepare for my upcoming 12 hour but I should be fine.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

9 miles to town and back.

qotd  93 miles

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran once over the weekend and then again last night...at the gym .  I almost forget what it is like to run outdoors. Maybe tonight.  Some of our roads are still dangerous (plowed through the middle only allowing for one lane) so running has been tough.  The temps have been great so lots of melting but the roads are still annoying. Like AT, if there is enough melting I might venture to a trail head over the weekend and see how it is.

Some crazy high miles for some of you! Good job.

QOTD: I am embarrassed to even say 50ish miles.  I meant to cut the miles in January but this was much more than I intended.  Hopefully February will be better.  I have, however, had lots of time on the stairs o death at the gym as I look ahead to Hyner.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Going to head out for another 7.4 mile road loop.  Maybe later this week I can get up by the mountain to see if I can even park in the lot at the trail head.  I'm missing my four wheel drive right now.

QOTD: January sucked. 60.9 miles running and walking. 61.4 miles on the bike trainer. 10.42 miles on the elliptical. I really wanted over 100 miles running.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It started snowing as a ran...we had about 1/32 of an inch on the ground.  So it made me start thinking about whether I needed spikes on my shoes or not.    By the end of the run a good 1/8 of an inch.  That was a treat.  Wish I was out there now because we have at least 2 inches; but no I am at work. 

QOTD: 92.4 which is pretty good because I felt like a slacker.

Jamie's Group is in 4th place, and Mandy is in 7th, WCrunner is in 16 (they beat us last week) my team is in last  more tears. It can only get better...or maybe just remain in last for a whole year!!!     None of us are in the top 50 for miles or duration.  I guess we aren't that competitive, just three tree huggers. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Depends on the weather when I get off. I'll at least lift some weights, which is what I am trying to do to balance out my lackluster January running total.

QOTD: About 120. I did get in one nice 5+ hour run, mid month. At this point, I think I am fine with one marathon/50Kish long run per month, but my normal running was way off in January.

LB2

DigDug2

8 on the roads before work - beautiful clear morning run watching the sun come up.

QOTD:  229 - some good, consistent ~55 mile weeks.

bagge_pants

Got out for a long run today, 16.56 at 8:41 pace. I stopped the watch half way through while I drank soda at a Burger King... hey you gotta do what you gotta do. I wore a backpack containing  a down jacket and a rain jacket and an empty bottle in case I needed it. Unfortunately I sweated through the backpack so when I put on the jacket towards the end I was cold. Rookie mistake.

NHLA

http://www.active.com/pisgah-forest-nc/running/trail-run-races/yeti-or-not-25k-2016

Got a great trail race this weekend. My fav trail race route. Like a roller coaster thru the woods.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That sounds ideal...

http://www.active.com/pisgah-forest-nc/running/trail-run-races/yeti-or-not-25k-2016

Got a great trail race this weekend. My fav trail race route. Like a roller coaster thru the woods.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

That sounds ideal...

+1 - Looks like a fun course.  Those water crossing will be nice and cold with the snow melt.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

I am waterproof.