Trailer Trash

Springtime Saturdaily (Read 31 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning! Just sitting here sipping coffee and catching up on formite activities of the last day. It sounds like happy running for most here as winter's grip begins to loosen.

I am happy to report two consecutive days of running for me. And...they were runs that included stretches and patches of mud! It was wonderful. Yesterday's run resulted in actual sweating from warm temps! I ran in tights and a tank top...and regretted I did not wear capris! The run felt good and made me smile...but I can feel the weight I have gained from all my stress eating. 15 pounds makes a difference. I am hoping more miles and. Getting a little professional advice on life management will melt it away.

Qotd: Anyone else end up with some winter "fluff" they want to lose?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

It is pouring rain and we decided to take the morning off.

QOTD: Yeah, a little but I am in the process of trimming down a bit.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Heading out the door for 6 miles with the running group.  I will get rained on, but not the pouring rain (hopefully) that TT is getting to the north.

Moonlight-- good to hear you are taking care of yourself.  It's hard work, but the payoff is worth it.

TT- hope the rain breaks soon so you and Marley can get out.

qotd:  slightly less fluff from the winter.  I've been working to take some of it off.  Much harder than is used to be.

Happy Super Pi day, math nerds!   I will make a blueberry pie this afternoon with the wild blueberries I've been saving just for this occasion. Yes, I am one of those math nerds.  And a pie lover.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Happy weekend, gang!    I am also sitting here sipping on coffee, moonlight.  The sunshine is coming in through my windows and it's a beautiful morning.  I plan on running after breakfast settles.  Maybe 8 miles or so?  Whatever I feel like.  Bike later in the afternoon.

QOTD: My winter weight is gone and I'm back at summer weight already.  Currently sitting just a pound away from my lowest ever adult weight.  I'm hoping to hit that soon.  I've had a good winter in that regard!

Running is dumb.

muppy

Going to run 4 or 5 miles for first time in a week after work today, and hope the groin pain is gone for good!

QOTD unfortunately I still have my  winter fluff,  I'm 236 and would like to be down to about 215, but food is so tasty and delicious!

Gator eye

I splashed out 20 miles in the mud and the muck first thing this morning. It was a great time after so many runs cut short cause of snow and cold.  Bye bye Mr. Winter you nasty old SOB.

QOTD: I added on a extra 5 pounds this winter, hoping to lose that and another 5 this spring.

AT-runner

Tim

Did hill climb on treadmill for 6 miles at max elevation.  Long run tomorrow.

moon - With the weather changing hopefully you can channel your stress into getting outside.  Good luck, we're pulling for you.

QOTD: I was just shy of 200 before Thanksgiving, but now I'm down to 185, which is a good weight for me.  I'm usually heavier this time of year, but high mileage kept off the winter weight gain and helped me drop pounds earlier than most years.  If I drop a few more pounds before heading the the Grand Canyon, that might help me get back up the South Rim.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. Last night was quiet enough for me to get some good sleep at work, but I was still tired when I got home so I took a two hour nap. Now I need to look at some stuff on DS's car. By the time I'm done with that hopefully the rain will have stopped then I'll head up to the mountain and see if anything up there is runnable or if it's all deep slush.  I'm hoping to get 10 miles in today.

QOTD: I had wanted to get down to 160-165 by April. I'm still at 176. I get grumpy when I see anything on the scales above 172. For some reason the weight just wants to go up this year. I think it has to do with my lack of strength training.

moonlightrunner

moon - With the weather changing hopefully you can channel your stress into getting outside.  Good luck, we're pulling for you.

QOTD: I was just shy of 200 before Thanksgiving, but now I'm down to 185, which is a good weight for me.  I'm usually heavier this time of year, but high mileage kept off the winter weight gain and helped me drop pounds earlier than most years.  If I drop a few more pounds before heading the the Grand Canyon, that might help me get back up the South Rim.

Thanks, AT! I don't have many runner friends in my off line life, so I really love being part of this little community of runners.

Your trip to the GC is going to be great! You have had some awesome training this long, cold winter!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Late check-in today.

No run for me, as I was not feeling well. I just hope this will be over by tomorrow.

Working on the kids' spring projects instead - cooking corned beef and such. DD took her SAT, and now we are curiously waiting for the results. We all had pie after she finished her test, part to celebrate her taking the test, part to celebrate Pi Day. It's always good to have a valid excuse to have pie!

Seems everyone had nice runs today. Except me... I'll have to get this lazy behind of me out that door!

QOTD: No winter fluff, as usual. I never gain weight over winter, nor lose a significant amount. Always the same for me.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Moon: +1

After a few days off and traveling back to Korea I had a lazy day yesterday (Sat). I did 10 miles this morning (Sun), felt really good, it was a perfect morning weather-wise. 40's clear and calm winds. The calf felt pretty good. I fly off to Singapore in a little bit, it's going to be in the 90's there !!!!!! Yikes.

qotd: I didn't gain any this winter, because I've been cooking for myself and Korean portions when I eat out are more reasonable than at home. I do tend to gain a little when I travel home, but it drops when I get back here. I've been running a lot here so that helps.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

No run today. Saturday's are my climbing days, but took the weekend off with family in from out of state. Planning on 18 miles in the mountains tomorrow AM for my long run, so probably for the best anyway!

QOTD- I actually do a lot more running during the winter months, so not too much weight change.

hog4life

I run a 5k PR this morning after working a 12 hour shift last night. I was totally shocked because my training has sucked lately. Time was 23:04, which beat my PR from the same course by 10 seconds.

QOTD, I was about 177 at the first of the year, and currently down to 163. I hope to make 155 by summer.

Watoni

I did 3:25 on the bike, 51 miles and 5200 feet of elevation gain. Felt awful but the weather was amazing.

QOTD: Want to lose about 15, been with me after the injury last June

LB2

I got about 8 total in on Saturday. Three miles hiking and 5 running.

QOTD: I have gained quite a bit of weight over the winter, back up to around 195. But I was down to around 175, which is way too light for me. 185 to 195 is about right for me.

LB2