Trailer Trash

Update on injured friend/co-worker (Read 54 times)

LB2

My friend who broke her back and neck at the Warrior Dash a few weeks ago came back to work yesterday. She had already signed up for the Louisiana Half Marathon in January to the tune of 90 bucks. So, I may push her in a wheelchair for the distance. We will see if that is possible over the next few weeks. We may go the whole marathon, screw it!!!

LB2

Uh oh... now what?

Yay!  And best wishes to both of you; her recovery now, your recovery after being pushy.

Wow, that would be pretty amazing! Glad she is doing better...

XtremeTaper

Good news on the friend. You should totally push her through the half marathon. My wife had a compound fracture of her ankle a few years back and was in a wheel chair for a few weeks. I took her and the dogs over to the paved rail trail one afternoon and after walking for a bit, decided to do a bit of running. We actually passed a few people and it was pretty fun. Unfortunately the chair wasn't designed to go as fast we were moving but I'm sure you can find a more run worthy chair. This makes me think of the Boston Marathon and team Hoyt.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

My friend who broke her back and neck at the Warrior Dash a few weeks ago came back to work yesterday. She had already signed up for the Louisiana Half Marathon in January to the tune of 90 bucks. So, I may push her in a wheelchair for the distance. We will see if that is possible over the next few weeks. We may go the whole marathon, screw it!!!

Poor thing but it sounds like she is pretty positive . Tell her a stranger in Nevada wishes her well and hope you both have a great time at that half .

Snowdenrun

MTA: whoops, posted in the wrong spot. But... you should push your friend! I'm glad she's doing much better after the injury. What are her thoughts on Warrior Dash's now?

AT-runner

Tim

Glad to hear it, and best wishes for continued progress.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

MTA: whoops, posted in the wrong spot. But... you should push your friend! I'm glad she's doing much better after the injury. What are her thoughts on Warrior Dash's now?

She agrees with what I told her when I found out she signed up for it. Don't do it. However, I had no idea that she would be injured. I just don't like those things because I knew they were going to mess up the trails where they had it.

LB2

Sandy-2

Hope your friend gets better soon.

Although it's really nothing compared to that, my DD has a nice scar on her leg from a "zombie run" she did.  Seems that they had people trying to tag out the runners and she was avoiding them and ran by a barbwire fence and got a scrape.  Her scar is fading now, but I think that she will always have a little reminder of yer zombie run.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Hope your friend gets better soon.

Although it's really nothing compared to that, my DD has a nice scar on her leg from a "zombie run" she did.  Seems that they had people trying to tag out the runners and she was avoiding them and ran by a barbwire fence and got a scrape.  Her scar is fading now, but I think that she will always have a little reminder of yer zombie run.

Thanks. And damn those zombies!!!

LB2