Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 32 times)

Gator eye

Windy run in the woods.  Think it was around 8 miles or so.  Creeks were way up, and I had to get creative with one particular creek crossing (think pole vault.)  It was too early and too cold for soaked shoes, so managed to vault my way across a 7' to 8' crossing.  Would have been a sight if branch had snapped.

QOTD:  Really excited about this 5 kilometer run that takes place on an oval 1/4 mile track.  They said there will be 2 aid stations so I don't think I'll need a crew.   Besides that, I have a 24 hour race in a few weeks.  Also always look forward to labor pains 12 hour race in September.

LOL I tried that one early morning with bad results. The stick stuck to the bottom and left me dangling with just enough time to regret the cold ice water bath that soon followed.

AT-runner

Tim

LOL I tried that one early morning with bad results. The stick stuck to the bottom and left me dangling with just enough time to regret the cold ice water bath that soon followed.

Since I'm a big guy, I was more worried that the branch would snap and that would have been You-Tube worthy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I won't link it (due to it's graphic nature) but there is video circulating of the Zion 100 with our

own Mr. _up dancing, or at least that's what it looks like he's doing.

Well...what you didn't see in that video was me repeatedly telling her (the girl making the video) that I was NOT going to dance for her. She eventually wore me down. She knew I hated it so she has me at the intro and then again later in the video, and of course she looped it.

The girl making the video is Jennilyn Eaton. She's a trail running badass and holds the female record on the White Rim Trail. She's won a few ultras and has a lot more in her. We're pretty chummy and we're planning to do tackle some FKT's together later this year. She's pretty awesome.

LB2

Oh well, unexpected crazy weather with hail and lightning stopped my run this evening. I'll get them tomorrow.

LB2

Sandy-2

My flight got in early so I decided to do a few shakedown miles along the Patomic in Old Town Alexandria, VA. I guess it was about 3 to 3.5 miles. My hip is still a little gimpy, but it should be ok by tomorrow.

Now I'm at a local establishment having a really nice "Bills Oberon Brown Ale" on tap, good stuff. Also nibbling on some food 'cause I missed dinner.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 bike oath miles in a college town.  Lot's of young people out running and you know I'm not so bad of a runner for an old lady..

qotd: nothing planned in fact may scale back the running to make the spouse happier.  he just bought me a trials bike so just may take up dirt bike riding.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄