Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 33 times)

Birdwell

Good morning folks!

Took a rest day yesterday so I set the alarm to get up and run early this morning. Then the baby decided to be a baby.

I'll try again tonight after work.

AT- the baby is doing alright, though I am a little worried about him. He has a taste for blood now.

Sunday night I was holding him and he got a little fussy. He arched his back, threw his head back and hit me in the mouth, breaking my front tooth in half .  No damage to the baby at all. The dentist got the tooth fixed. He (the baby) just looks at me funny every time I see him now. Kind of a "I've got your number dad. watch your back" look.

Sandy-2

Did 3 mi, a joggy jog in town. Just to remind the legs what we're here for.

Birdwell, gotta watch those kids, my son and I we're removing a stump in the back yard when he hit me by accident. Should have seen the looks we got in the ER when my DD announced that her brother hit her father in the head with a hatchet...  We still laugh about it.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

Day 5 of rest/recovery/no running. Maybe mow the yard if it doesn't rain (2 mile walk!) or take the dogs out for a stroll in the woods. Dog walk last night. The gsp looked like a caged animal released. She'd dart down the trail a 1/4 mile or some such distance then I'd shout or beep her and back she came at full speed. So she did her intervals at least.

Birdwell - Ouch

Sandy - Have a great run and good luck!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning!  Heading to yoga in a few minutes.  Might fit in a short run tonight, if the weather holds.  Wait, who am I kidding?  All my runs have been 'short' lately.  Need to sign up for a race to ramp up the mileage.

Sorry to hear about the tooth, Birdwell!  It's amazing that he didn't have a mark or anything.  But babies are like rubber at that age, right?  They can bounce back from almost anything.

Sandy--Good luck tomorrow.

XT- our  springers were just like your gsp.  I've wanted to put the garmin on them, just to compare mileage and pace.   I think it would be humbling.

Qotd:  no funny stories about being injured by my kids, unless you take pregnancy and labor into consideration .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hello everyone...

nice little 5.5 in the am with muttly boy.  I think I saw a bear but it could have been a dog.  We were jogging along when I heard a noise a saw a fluffy thing get up and disappear into the thicket of manzanita bushes.  At first I thought it was a dog who was homeless because he was very flurry and his fur was not exactly matted but not in great shape.  I tried to convince it to come back out so I could take it home (the pound turned me down for a dog so now I need to find one off the street).  We left and I started thinking was that really a dog or a little bear.  There is no reason for a dog to be homeless where we live, there are houses within a couple hundred yards from where he was laying and if it was a homeless dog why was he so round.  So either a very big dog or a little bear.

QOTD:   No kids but I have been head butted by a nephew in the nose, hurt so bad I couldn't believe it wasn't broken.  Kids are scary...

Have fun tomorrow Sandy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

listening to good advise and spending the week not running, although it was such a nice morning I did go for a couple mile stroll

QOTD:Nothing but the usual running across the room flying crotch shots.

AT-runner

Tim

Did a reconnaissance run today to scout out an area for DS and I to camp on the first night of our fast packing trip next weekend.  Found a couple of good options.  Nice rain shower for the last 2 miles, and boy did that feel great.

Birdwell - +1 to ouch

Sandy +1 to good luck

XT - Enjoy the R&R

runtraildc - With your kids schedules, I'm amazed how you fit in any of your runs.

Queen - I've seen a lot of bears that were actually deer or dog.  I tell DW all the time "I think I saw a bear...or maybe it was a deer".

Gator - Hope for speedy recovery.  Are you doing the Hallucination 100?

QOTD:  I've worn contact lenses since DD#1 was 18 months old (a long long time ago) because she broke 2 pairs of glasses by jumping on/at me. The second time it happened, the frame cut my forehead and I narrowly avoided needing stitches.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I was really looking forward to sleeping in (well, until 6:30 at least) this morning, then I woke up at 4:30, and my body said: "Time for a run!". So I went.

5 miles in a pleasantly warm drizzle, and I felt ready for work afterwards. Life, again...

Birdwell: Scary. That tooth must have hurt.

Sandy: LOL for your DD tattling on her brother, just at the "right" moment.

Have a great race tomorrow!

XT: Nice dog stroll.

traildc: Have fun at yoga!

Queen: Dog or bear, it sure was cute. Would have been some experience if the bear had come back when you tried to lure it closer.  (But now we know, stand your ground!)

Gator: Bite the bullet. Sometimes you must.

AT: Nice run. Sounds as if it was a bit warm.

QOTD: No major injuries, but some close calls. My youngest DS would arch, squirm and jerk powerfully in my arms when he was younger, and more than once I feared losing a tooth or breaking my nose or jaw. Just lucked out, I guess.

Our middle DS broke a pair of my glasses, too, and re-designed a pair with a metal frame. Not sure if I looked better wearing them then, though. 

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today, save a bikemmute to work- felt good to just take it easy Smile

qotd: nothing when my daughters were younger, they caused plenty of serious headaches when they were teenagers Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √