Trailer Trash

Schedule drafting Sundaily (Read 25 times)

bagge_pants

I have some spare time before going into work this morning. The first blue in the sky is appearing. Last night I drafted some plans to get me to a 50K in early April. The plan will only have three days a week drafted - Tues Long Run, Wed group hill run (wich I've been meaning to go to), Sat Moderate long run. All other days will be whatevers clever.

I havent ran since Friday and might wait take another rest day.

Run on.

Qotd: whats your fav 50 miler and why? If you havent ran 50, which 50 do you think looks cool?

Daydreamer1

Back at the grind for another 24 hours . Things were busy Friday and Saturday so hopefully today will be a little nicer. Got in a little over 5 miles yesterday. Started off feeling like crap and finished feeling pretty decent.  Going to try to do some walking lunges and stretching today.

QOTD: Haven't done any 50s yet and haven't looked at many.  The one I'm considering is the Tussey mOUnTaiNBACK.  As the spelling indicates it's a out and back. The appeal to me is that it's close to home and It's a little less difficult course in that it's all run on state forest roads.  At this time I'm just waiting for the dates for Oil Creek 100k.  If that's on my weekend off then I'll have to decided which race to do.  At this time I'm leaning towards Oil Creek because that's also a more forgiving course with a very generous cutoff of 31 hours.

NorthernHarrier

Just watching the weather right now as I want to get out for 7-8 miles. Drizzling currently with temps in the 30's. I'll wait and watch radar and hope it passes otherwise I'll just have to suck it up and show some SISU. (Finnish word loosely meaning resolve, determination)  I guess I can do a man cave workout for now. A good day for maybe not making a running schedule but looking at the calendar and planning some things.

QOTD--Not a 50 miler guy, not an ultra guy either, just a runner. Have no interest in 50 milers and have no clue what may be out there. Sorry. Lots of very cool shorter events. So many that sound good and not enough time. Epic runs are my interest right now.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

A day off from work, but no run yet. Stuck with the younger kids, but it's fun, too. DD is at a cosplay event all weekend, so there's no relief to allow me to go for a run, as DH is spending his day in peace and quiet all day at work. 

baggae: Three days planned - if you can stick with three days according to plan, that's a huge success in my books!

DD1: Any run that ends well is a good run. Sometimes when I feel really bad at the beginning of a run, I tell myself I just need to do 2 miles, and then after the two miles, I usually start feeling a little better, and I can go on longer. Might be an acquired trait of longer distance runners, I believe.

Harrier: My favorite weather...   But usually after the run, it feels great. Usually

QOTD: I have run only two 50-milers, Tussey Mountainback and Stone Mill. These two races could not be more different - Tussey run on gravel roads in the hills, with a relay going on at the same time on the same course, and Stone Mill being a very small, true trail run on fairly flat, non-technical trails. I am not sure what I liked better, the "race" atmosphere at Tussey (if very laid-back, though), or the "your-own-trail-adventure"-atmosphere at Stone Mill. Overall, both were great.

Not sure what other 50-mile run would be my favorite. I'm not much into the 50-mile distance, although on second thought, it's very rewarding: a lot of sense of accomplishment for little planning and logistic effort.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Just watching the weather right now as I want to get out for 7-8 miles. Drizzling currently with temps in the 30's. I'll wait and watch radar and hope it passes otherwise I'll just have to suck it up and show some SISU.

I'm in the same boat as NH!  (And duh, cause we live in the same city.)  Just waiting on this cold rain to clear up before I head out.  I tied my shoes too tightly yesterday and have a little upper foot pain, so I'll run as far as I can without exacerbating that.  Currently doing fun Sunday morning things like cleaning the kitchen.

QOTD: I guess the only one I've run!  Potawatomi Trail 50.  Five 10 mile loops.  All singletrack.  Lots of little steep hills.  Fun course, good aid stations.  I would recommend it if you can handle stream crossings and potential mega mud.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I tied my shoes too tightly yesterday and have a little upper foot pain, so I'll run as far as I can without exacerbating that. 

Mandy, I had the same issue a while ago. I then laced up my shoes differently for the next few runs, leaving out the area where the pain was (looping the laces just along the edges, not across). It helped quickly, and the shoes still fit tightly enough for the tricky trails in my area. Maybe it helps your foot, too.

Run for fun.

muppy

5.9 miles last night.

QOTD I would have to say the Dirty German in Philadelphi.  The reason being I did the 50 K there and that's as close to a 50 miler as I've gotten.

NHLA

13 miles  DuPont Forest  pic river bend trail - High Falls.

NHLA

Gator eye

15 this morning. Thought about pushing it out to 20 but the roads are slippery and I decided to error on the side of caution.

QOTD. Marquette 50, lots of mountain running(climbing)yet lots of runable miles too.  They did a 100k last year which I signed up for this year too.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good temps today for running, upper 40s. 10.2 at a moderately hard effort.

QOTD: Haven't run any 50-milers yet. The one that has caught my interest is Le Grizz. It's near Glacier NP which I love and falls close to my birthday. Unfortunately at this point I'm not sure I could make the12 hour cutoff for finishers.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

I took Sunday off, but I did do a core training and stretching session.  This morning (Mon), I did 5 freezing miles up the little hill.  After two core sessions over the past few days my lower back feels a little better already, hopefully that trend will continue.

qotd: The Palo Duro 50 mile near Amarillo, TX.  Just google images for Palo Duro Canyon and you'll see why. Plus you can get a steak at the "The Big Texan" steakhouse afterwards.  :-)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

I ran 5 Sunday morning with the dog.

QOTD: I don't like the 50 mile distance. I have only run one, which I won. But I won because I was willing to suffer through the heat and every other runner dropped to the 50K. I actually ran quite well the first 35 miles; by then, my back started hurting and everyone ahead of me had dropped. The ones behind me dropped later. I just took it easy for the rest of the day.

LB2