Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 27 times)

It was a cool 39 F at the start of our 4 mile trail run. The mist was rising off of the warm water of the reservior. Great running weather!

Mist

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work, mostly with Morons. The one person I'm working with is pretty cool, but the others, blah. Sorry for venting.

No running today. Not sure when I'll run next. Yesterday while walking into Church my right achilles started to hurt real bad. Now it's quite sore. Had a 8 mile run planned yesterday ended up just taking a easy 4 mile stroll with DW.

TT -- Looks like a nice morning down there. Not sure I'm ready for temps in the 20s and 30s.

QOTD: Thought of a couple of good ones last week, now I forget what they were so I'll pass.

LB2

Today is a rest day, but I may run 3 to 5 tonight anyway. We'll see.

LB2

OOPS.  That should have said 39 F not 29 F (I fixed it).

TT -- Looks like a nice morning down there. Not sure I'm ready for temps in the 20s and 30s.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning trailers!  normally I lift on Mondays, but the weather will be perfect today and calling for rain tomorrow-so I'll do the switcaroo

qotd: do you do any targeted training- ie speed work, hill repeats, etc?  I probably need to, but other than a dedicated long run on the weekend, I just run

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Got in almost 8 yesterday, 5 of which were the fastest of the year.  I see some of my speedwork paying off.  I don't know yet what is in store for today, but it will be short and probably involve strength training at the gym.

TT- our heat came on early this morning.

qotd:  Have been doing intervals or fartleks about once a week lately.  See above, I think it's helping

AT-runner

Tim

Only 1 run over the weekend.  Elevation gain for 16 miles was a whopping 93'.  High spot was 12' and low was 2'.  I don;t think I would want to run every day at the beach, I like hills too much.

TT - Is that Loch Raven Reservoir?

QOTD:  Not as much as I used to, but should need to will get back to it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Yesterday was a 2 1/2 hour run on some sweet single track and a little later a mtn. bike ride of just over an hour. Got a couple small projects done too so I guess the day was a success.  Slept in this morning, at least as much as I could with 2 hungry springers on my bed. Was gonna be a rest day with a little bird hunting but now I have a couple service people coming out tomorrow so I might do a switcharoo myself. I need to move up here.

QOTD--Yes.   Even though I am way past my racing life I still believe in mixing in all the elements weekly. I do weekly speed intervals, a long run, a hill workout, and a pace/tempo type run on the road. All workouts are kept fun and I am fully aware that the olympics are not in my future so I don't get too anal or obsessive.  Despite my need for those workouts I still love the however you call it--mental therapy run, recovery run, junk miles, general miles, whatever miles, exploring new trail miles, etc.

DigDug2

SRD for me.  Had a good, quick-ish run on the trails with my Sunday morning group yesterday, felt good to turn over the legs a little.

QOTD:  Normally, yes - first half of the year I was doing an interval day and a tempo day every week.  Haven't done much since July, partly because I was ramping up mileage for longer runs/races in the fall and partly because my achilles were hurting and fast running seemed to aggravate them.  I'm done my long stuff and my achilles seem better, so I'm going to start incorporating faster running again.

Daydreamer1

QOTD: At this time I'm just putting in general miles, making sure the hills are included. Some runs I try to do as a tempo run but mostly it's just to burn calories and keep up fitness. As soon as my ankle is fully healed I'm going to start hill training in ernest. That will include lots of hills as well as treadclimber at the gym.  My plan is to do some high weight, low rep strength training, then alternate between the treadmill and treadclimber.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was struggling (running wise) last week a a lot.  My "injury" is rearing it's ugly head again and it's frustrating me to no end.  I feared the need to take yet another break - this time much much longer.  I don't know what else to do.  That's how I felt last week.  Then I went for a run.  After a meeting for work in Pottsville, PA I drove right by a section of the Appalachian Trail I have not been on before so I could not resist.  I had my running gear with me as I usually do when going out to meetings.  So I did.  I should have just hiked it but I couldn't.  Only 4 miles of a mix of very light running and hiking.  Didn't do my legs any good but I still enjoyed it.  So here I am on Monday and going through a bit of the grieving process.  I was in denial last week then anger over the weekend.  I am getting closer to accepting this and making plans for how I can simply work on strengthening the stuff that needs to be strengthened so I never have to go through this again.  I am still not 100% decided but most likely I will stop running for a while.

QOTD: I have not done any specific targeted training in a while.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

5 mile hybrid run. I started at my house and ran the roads to a trailhead and then took the trail back to my house. Easy, comfortable pace and the weather was perfect.

QOTD: Hills! Lots and lots of hills!

TT - Is that Loch Raven Reservoir?

Yes.  We run there a large percentage of the time.

QOTD: No, not really.  I just run the distance and pace my mood dictates.  Sometimes that looks like intervals or hill repeats though.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I was struggling (running wise) last week a a lot.  My "injury" is rearing it's ugly head again and it's frustrating me to no end.  I feared the need to take yet another break - this time much much longer.  I don't know what else to do.  That's how I felt last week.  Then I went for a run.  After a meeting for work in Pottsville, PA I drove right by a section of the Appalachian Trail I have not been on before so I could not resist.  I had my running gear with me as I usually do when going out to meetings.  So I did.  I should have just hiked it but I couldn't.  Only 4 miles of a mix of very light running and hiking.  Didn't do my legs any good but I still enjoyed it.  So here I am on Monday and going through a bit of the grieving process.  I was in denial last week then anger over the weekend.  I am getting closer to accepting this and making plans for how I can simply work on strengthening the stuff that needs to be strengthened so I never have to go through this again.  I am still not 100% decided but most likely I will stop running for a while.

I'm so sorry, Jamie.  I know your frustrations all too well and it's a dark place to be.  I have two suggestions for you: 1) Go get that damn MRI (with contrast dye) done. 2) PT is good, but if you can find a sports minded chiro who does Graston/Active Release Technique, that's even more helpful.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I have not done any specific targeted training in a while.

Have a great day!

Sorry to hear.  Hopefully will bounce back soon, keep us updated.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!