Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 33 times)

The pooch and I are back from a very fast (for me at least) 4 mile trail run.  it was a nice calm morning with temps in the upper 20s.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  just got back from PT, and I'm starved and tired.  It's a good workout and stuff that I wouldn't consistently do on my own.  But still not the same as running.    And today is one of those days my family really needs me to go for a run...

Good luck racers!

Occasional Runner

I'm planning for 18-20 beers. Maybe more if I can hold up.

I ran some too.

LB2

I will do something after work, not sure what yet.

QOTD: How often do you push yourself beyond your comfort zone in training or racing? And how do you determine where that zone is?

Not enough. I plan to do some of that this year once I start a focused training effort for Pinhoti in late April.

I usually don't know if I pushed beyond it until after the run. I hope to be able to recognize the effort level in the moment and push beyond, accordingly at least once a week.

LB2

muppy

Try for 6 or so after work.

QOTD I guess I probably don't push myself too much. However I was pretty sore from a 22.5 mile run on Tuesday so maybe I did. Also some tough hill repeats or tempo once in awhile.

Gator eye

Great run this morning, upper 20's, no wind to speak of, freshly packed snow and a bright moon to see by, no headlamp needed. I took both dogs this morning, the old dog keeps my pace down to less than a 10 minute miles any faster and he lags behind. We did 6

QOTD: I use to push myself quite hard a couple times a week and for the most part I would get away with it but lately I ve been more like a fragile flower and the slightest stress causes me problems. If I knew then what I know now I would of just took the entire month of January and most of February off.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today but will be getting ready for St. Patrick's Weekend.  Brew Pub tonight and Irish Pub tomorrow.  We celebrate it more here than my relatives back in Ireland do.

QOTD:  Not as much as I used to.  One of the symptoms that I have since my thyroid stopped working, is inability to find my "second wind".  So if I monitor my effort closely and try not to red-line, I'm fine.  If I push too early, I'm done in.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I'm going to do about 12 hours tonight/tomorrow.  Unfortunately they will be in the air..... flying from London to Tokyo.

I did do a pretty stout 5 miler through Hyde Park this morning. Seems like all I do on these trips is eat, run and go to meetings. I get to spend next week in Yokohama, but I'm thinking about taking the train to Kamakura to run a few trails they have there on Sunday If my jet lag isn't too bad. Get in some Zen Running I guess.

Have a nice weekend everybody!

qotd: some times I'll push the miles doing B2Bs or push the pace like this morning.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Enjoying a lazy day. I'll get out for an hour or two when the kiddo takes her afternoon nap.

QOTD: I try to push the comfort zone at least once a week. I figure the more I push into that zone, the more comfortable I'll get there and the uncomfort zone will be even faster the next time.

I determine when I'm there by how much I hate what I am doing at that moment.

I hate this stupid track/hill/mountain/running = perfect

this doesn't hurt that bad= not quite there yet.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I wish my weekly mileage would allow for a lazy day... That's the price for slacking (again).

Heading out for 10+ in the sunshine. The heat wave has found its second wind again, with temps in the upper 50's (yesterday, I ran in the teens with 30+mph winds) before we are bound for another blizzard over the weekend again. However, I don't think it's coming - the last two forecasted snowstorms did not dump a single snowflake here, so we might luck out again, I hope!

QOTD: Not much right now, due to a lack of motivation. Where's that switch in my head to crank it up a notch?

I used to run hard and long at least once a week, now I can barely get myself to slog out the minimum miles. But usually, my long runs are quite fast, for me there's no such thing as an "easy long run". Now I just need to do more of these...

Edit: I determine "hard" by the exhaustion during/after the run, and by pace on some known trails that I run often (so that I have set benchmarks). I don't get much soreness, even if I run hard, so that is not indicator.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Taking the day off..

QOTD: Not often enough and usually in a race. Hard breathing tells me I am working hard...I have a heart monitor but have never used it.  I was told you can use these to determine if you are working hard enough.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Ran last night again despite having a bit of a fever. Nice five miles at a decent pace. Felt better.

QOTD: Probably like my cycling. Easy days not quite easy enough, hard days not hard enough. I have been trying to build a base so not racing every hill like I used to ... also just a bit burned out on that

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Evening all,

Just finished up 7 miles around the neighborhood.  I tried to go at an easy pace but my legs weren't having it.  Ran some telephone pole to telephone pole sprints in the last 1.5 in honor of today's QOTD.

QOTD: I do an upbeat 6 miles most weeks, but that's probably in my comfort zone at this point.  I like to run some 5k's now and again to see where I'm at and they are plentiful in my area.

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

evening Smile  strength training tonight

qotd: not too much, if i look back at my injury history it usually coincides w/ pushing it- the fact of the matter is pushing it much isn't going to put me on any podiums- I started running late and enjoy it, but I'll never be a front of the pack finisher; so I'll take it a little slower and just soak it in Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √