Trailer Trash

The Wednesdaily (Read 33 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Today will be a rest day. I am having left groin pain and stomach issues. Clear liquids hoping the latter will clear up.

qotd: When you are training for a race and pain flairs up...what do you do? Run through it? Rest a few days?

I tried to run through yesterday, but the problem cascaded to my hip and knee. BUT...I am afraid to stray too far from my training schedule.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  We are heading to Southern MD for a funeral for my uncle.  At least big Irish families always have a great send-off.

QOTD:  If the pain alters my stride in any way, I rest.  If not, I run "easily" through it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I got in late last night so I'm planning for a snowy hike after my meetings. We have a foot of snow up here in Saskatchewan and it's brutally cold!

QOTD: I run through it unless it prevents me from maintaining good form.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran 7 miles on the trails this morning, I about broke my ankle (right) a few times, twice  on the same root. Other than demon roots trying to kill me, the run went well. Took Rocky to the river just before we went back to the Tahoe so he could get a quick drink and goof off, well he gets too close to the slippery edge, and falls in. For a few seconds I tried to coax him to a spot where he can climb out of, but he kept trying to climb out of where he fell and couldn't. I soon realized the run had taken it's toll on his legs and with the current and cold water, he was slowly giving up on fighting so I had to quickly reach down and grab him by the scruff of his neck to help him out. I got a little worried there, because I could see in  his eyes he didn't have the strength to fight much longer.

Rocky seems to have bad luck near water,  he can't seem to judge the depth and always falls in but this is the first time a run has tired him to the point of not being able to get out, doesn't help when the water is a foot below the edge. From now on I'll be sure that he never makes that mistake again.

qotd: Depends on how much pain, does it affect my run...... or sometimes I look at my run schedule and if it looks like I'm in need of a couple of rest days I'll take them. I've learned to sometimes consider pain the body's way of telling me it needs a break from this go-go-go schedule.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LB2

I will probably run about 4 to 6 after work. I had a nice run last night. It was harder than it should have been, but the mugginess has returned with a vengeance down here. Cool front pushing through tonight, though. I should be able to beat the rain after work.

QOTD: It depends on many things. But mainly, it depends on the type of pain it is. I have been fortunate the last few years to not have to deal with any injuries/pains that might be the direct result of my running form. I have had a few falls that caused some pain, but they weren't anything that not running would have helped anyway. It really depends on my perception of what the problem is. If I think it could be serious, I will rest it. If I deem it some sort of "niggle" that will pass, I will continue running with it until I am convinced otherwise.

LB2

Good morning, rest day for me.

QOTD: I use my judgment, but if it feels like an unusual pain that could lead to something more, I rest an extra day and it usually does the trick.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 miles in this morning.  Was a bit warmer than I anticipated so I was overdressed.

QOTD: It depends.  I have run through some discomfort and probably paid the price for it.  Trying to be a little smarter and rest 2-3 days and then see.  Currently I am struggling with some pain and trying to manage it.  It has affected me getting in any decent long runs.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Lots of rain here in tropical Madison. Weights and elliptical for now. A rest day from running works ok today.

QOTD--Yeah, we are supposed to listen to our body, lol!  If as runners we stopped for every little ache or pain we'd be some big time couch potatoes. Depending upon the feeling of course I run thru about everything. Most of the time it works but in the rare time it doesn't then we have usually made it worse. So I don't know.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will get in 6 miles this evening, this time I'll bring my lamp (got a little dicey yesterday evening)

qotd: as others have said- depends, I've made the mistake several times running through pain only to have it get worse, other times the pain has subsided- I'm finally getting somewhat of a handle on which one is which

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Ack. An early morning run for me. Curse you standard time. It was ok though. Slow and plodding as usual for me on a wakeup and go run. LadyB and I ran 5 miles over at Green Lane by the reservoir. Many deer sighting as usual including one large buck who eyed us warily a few times. Thought we might have a nice sunrise over the lake but clouds moved in.

QOTD. Depends really. I am pretty stupid and tend to run through most stuff, however if the pain is specific and awful and doesn't "fade" away as I warm up then I take a few days/weeks off. I stupidly ran a 50 miler once with a raging case of ITBS. Dumb. Really dumb. It did stop hurting after 20-30 miles though. Ended up finishing strong and promptly took 3 weeks off.

Moonlight: Hope things feel better soon. You've been ramping up lately on the miles. Maybe an easy week with some extra rest is in order.

AT: Sorry about your uncle.

Lace_up: Saskatchewan just sounds brutally cold. Shiver.

FreeSoul: I am glad Rocky is ok. Be careful!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Marley and I had another great 8 mile trail run this morning.  It was a little warmer, but still beautiful Fall weather.

QOTD: It depends on the pain.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Bed Magnet caught me napping this AM. good thing I'm tapering or Id be pissed.

QOTD: is prophetic, since I have a mystery pain along the top of left foot, which made me cut short yesterdays run, and de-motivated me this morning.  I'll usually stand down on training, since it's better to arrive at the start line a little more undertrained than a little more injured..in theory.  I'll be seeing if this is actually so in 10 days..

Soul:  Good thing you pulled him out, poor thing.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Daydreamer1

Haven't run since the 1st of the month. Spent a little time on the trainer and the elliptical but nothing at all for the past two days. Now I'm working on Chemistry Homework and was just thinking about doing a short run. Then I walked outside to get the mail in and discovered that it's really, really nice outside. Screw the homework, I'm going for a long run. Hope to get in a little over 13 miles.

QOTD:  Depends, but I mostly run through the pain. I'm a big fan of active recovery. Sometimes I run when I shouldn't, but most of the time the discomfort gets better. When I have stopped running I don't really notice that I heal any faster. I may take it easier or not run as far.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run this morning...then I got to work and found I didn't get the promotion..it was a bit of a stretch but it was more money so I was really hopeful.  So two time loser this am...did have pie again for breakfast.

QOTD: I rest but then again I am a bit lackadaisical about my running as evident on the above.  It also depends on the pain..I have tendiotis right now but I don't consider that pain, just nagging ache.  Knnees I worry about.

AT:  enjoy your family.

FreeSoul:  Very scary...glad Rocky got out.  When my dog does something similar I run the the river/canal calling him to a place he can got out easier.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I didn't run this morning...then I got to work and found I didn't get the promotion..it was a bit of a stretch but it was more money so I was really hopeful.  So two time loser this am...did have pie again for breakfast.

If you had pie for breakfast, you are a winner.

LB2