Trailer Trash

Headlamp - Princeton Tech Vizz, or Black Diamond ReVolt? (Read 32 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Princeton Tech Vizz: 150 lumens, 90 meters, 110 hours, 3.7 oz., $50

Black Diamond ReVolt: 110 lumens (90 lumens with rechargeable batteries), 70 meters (60 meters for rechargeables), 70 hours, 3.5 oz., $60

These two are my favorites right now. Anyone know which one is better for running, and how the beams compare (diameter, illuminating that area of trail needed, comfort,...)?

http://www.rei.com/CompareProduct/User

Any other suggestions?

My preferences: lightweight, regulated output (ensures consistent power output over the life of the batteries), beam diameter sufficient to run trails (so that more than just a small spot is illuminated), long battery life

Don't want a lamp with separate battery compartment.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

This guy has some good reviews.

http://fellrnr.com/wiki/Best_Running_Lights

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Petzl Myo Rxp has been the most popular headlamp I've seen at 100s.  I haven't used it myself, but if I were in the market for a new headlamp, that's the one I'd get.

My handheld Fenix LD20 is amazing though.  I won't run at night on trails without it anymore.

Running is dumb.

Ultra Cowboy

I just bought a Black Diamond SPOT.  I've been impressed with the adjustibility of the beam on it.

I'm intrigued with the option to have rechargable or alkaline batteries in the headlamp.  So I would lean toward the Black Diamond.

WYBMADIITY

Save

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I bought a Revolt based on Lace's review and use at his night race, I've only used it a few times, but so far so good.  For a long night run I'd combine it w/ my Zebralight H31 on my waist

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Thank you all for your input! Helps a lot.

Mandy, warden: How many lumens do your secondary lights (handheld, waist) have?

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Thank you all for your input! Helps a lot.

Mandy, warden: How many lumens do your secondary lights (handheld, waist) have?

The H31 has 220 lumens, but only lasts an hour at that setting, I'll usually only use it on one of the medium settings- 40-ish lumens

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √