Trailer Trash

Thinking about Thursday (Read 35 times)

LB2

I ran five with the pup this morning. It was nice. This is the first week I have felt like a trail runner in about a month. I have been sick, busy, etc.

QOTD: What do you consider your best weight for running?

185. I got down to around 165 or so for Pinhoti, and frankly, I think that was a little too light. I had a great race and met my goals, etc. I have quite a few people in my life who will tell me what they think whether I ask them or not, and I value that greatly. I can't tell you how many times they told me during the late summer, "Burke, you need to gain some weight; you look sick..." Thanks for the encouraging words!!! Anyway, I am back up to around 185 now, and I feel much stronger running. It would seem that the lighter you are the better, but I think that varies. I look like a skeleton at 170, and I don't want to see 165 again.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

LB, have we ever seen a photo of your puppy?  I can't remember...

I'm planning on about 6 miles tonight after work.

QOTD: Thinner than I've ever been.  For running purposes, I could probably stand to be about 10 pounds lighter, but I get complacent where I am at because I look okay, so then I just go, "Meh" and eat the cookies.

Running is dumb.

LB2

LB, have we ever seen a photo of your puppy?  I can't remember...

I can never figure out how to post pictures on this damned thing...

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I can never figure out how to post pictures on this damned thing...

Do you have any on Facebook?  You can link them from there.

Running is dumb.

muppy

11.5 Miles road miles yesterday.

WOTD I I would like to be about 205, I am 6' 2" and right now I weigh about 240 ( but it's a cuddly 240)

Daydreamer1

Planning a 10+ mile run this afternoon. Right now it's 15 degrees so I want it to warm up just a little.

QOTD: Probably would be 155 - 160. Currently at 173. I have a difficult time getting under 170. People always tell me I look skinny. In reality my BMI shows me to be slightly overweight and I do have a nice layer of fat on my torso. I think the skinny comments are a reflection of how heavy our society has become.

AT-runner

Tim

10 trail miles today on the AT.  A few other footprints out in the snow, but not as many as usual.

QOTD:  I'm 6' and currently 192.  Ideal race weight is around 185, so I have some work to do. DW needs to stop baking so much!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Do you have any on Facebook?  You can link them from there.

I'll do that.

LB2

runtraildc

Yoga and 5 miles on the plan for today.  If I time it right, I'll start out on my run when the freezing rain begins.  It makes this really great sound in the woods, and no one else will be out.  Magic.

qotd:  Hmm, I suspect it's about 10-15 lbs less than I am now (and I lost 5 over the holidays).  But I'm also running faster and stronger  than I have in years, so what does that say?    Ok, that it would be easier with less weight.  got it.  I miss the days when gaining was hard.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I think I will try and run later tonight....distance and route undetermined.

Muppy - you really are coming back strong with your runs.  Be careful and don't over do it.

QOTD: Me? Ideal weight? I have virtually weighed the same since I was in college - 20 years ago.  My weight will vary maybe 3-5 pounds but isn't affected by anything (long runs or binge eating).

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

sugnim

Good morning all.  I got about 3 hours of sleep last night--when my son can't sleep, no one sleeps.  It will be a long day at work followed by a rehearsal with my brass quintet.  Sadly, no running for me today.

QOTD:  I don't really know.  I'm mostly happy with my weight, and I consider it in terms of optimal health rather than optimal running performance.  I run for fun, so any weight is good for having fun on the trails.  I like to stay between about 130 and 135, which is what I believe is healthy for me.

some call me Tim

Massage Day! No running yet.. hopefully I'll get a chance to take some people out on my favorite country road loop during a group run this weekend, but that's about the soonest I'll be back at it.

qotd: 10-15 seems to be a common theme. I'm 5'8" and am generally in the low->mid 160s. I've had walking skeletons and internet calculators tell me that my ideal racing weight should be 145, but I'm not sure I even want to get there.

Gator eye

Hi all. It's been a day or two. I ve been taking some time off for a sore calf that's been bothering me for a couple of months. It's been a week and a half sense my last run and most of the soreness and tightness is gone. Hoping to be back at it in a few more days

QOTD. 170 seems to be the weight for me I ve tried to get down to 160 but just can't seem to get there

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The lunchtime 5 is planned for me today.  It's been almost a week due to company.  Sweet Mandy is kicking my ass!!

QOTD:  I am at an ideal weight 120 right now just wish a more of this weight was muscle mass and less muffin top!  (who am I kidding it's more like a beer/wine top!)

LB2:  Sorry about those unsolicited comments on your weight.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

hog4life

I'm looking forward to this swag next week at the 25k.