Trail Runners

Dirty trail runners weekly w/e 1/26 (Read 29 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I've planned this week to be a taper for the Uwharrie race on 2/2, have been staving off a cold for the last couple of days- unfortunately looks like the cold has now won out

did get in a good strength training workout in yesterday, call it my "300" workout- pushups 10 sets of 30, squats 10 sets of 30, situps 10 sets of 30 and pullups 10 sets of 7, round robin for time- 32 minutes w/ a few water/rest breaks

was hoping to get four 5-6 mile runs in w/ a 10 on Saturday, definitely not getting one in today- so it'll be a wait and see

hope everyone's week starts out on a higher note than mine Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

under a rock

Sorry to hear you are coming down with a cold during your taper.

Today is the first day that it feels like winter here, at least winter for us. I decided to do house work first then save my easy 3 miler for later in the morning. The wind chill was bad but other than that it was a nice run. Hopefully I'll drag myself to some trails tomorrow morning to do 6.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I started following the Hanson's advanced marathon plan last week for a road race I plan on doing in May.  My plan is to do my saturday runs on trails until there is some extra light out.  Once I can get out of work at 3:30, drive 30 minutes to Palisades Interstate Park, NJ, and still have enough light to run for an hour I am going to move all of my "easy" runs to the trails.  Last week I was in Los Angeles for a conference, which I snuck off from and got ~14 miles on the Backbone trail which starts at Will Rogers' Ranch.  The views were spectacular and only a little bit tainted by the smog covering.  It left me wondering why everybody doesn't run on trails.

MtWarden- maybe the cold will give a little extra taper to your taper (i'm an optimist)

Fraggle- I'm getting that "it's really winter...is winter always this cold" feeling too.  Bundle up and have a nice run tomorrow

**Ask me about streaking**

I've planned this week to be a taper for the Uwharrie race on 2/2, have been staving off a cold for the last couple of days- unfortunately looks like the cold has now won out

did get in a good strength training workout in yesterday, call it my "300" workout- pushups 10 sets of 30, squats 10 sets of 30, situps 10 sets of 30 and pullups 10 sets of 7, round robin for time- 32 minutes w/ a few water/rest breaks

was hoping to get four 5-6 mile runs in w/ a 10 on Saturday, definitely not getting one in today- so it'll be a wait and see

hope everyone's week starts out on a higher note than mine Smile

Unfortunately I'm also on the losing end of a battle with a cold.   Did 5 easy miles today but probably should have rested.  Running tomorrow is looking increasingly unlikely.  Blah.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

under a rock

I got myself out for my 6 mile trail run this morning. I'll admit to dreading getting out there in freezing temps but it turned out to be great. Cold is always harder to get motivated to leave the house but easier to stay out and finish the distance I planned. Warm temps it's easier to get motivated but harder to stay motivated to run my planned distance once I get going. I'll take the cold. I was never a winter person until I became a runner.

Birdwell

This will be my last full running week. Taper for Moab start's next week. Last week was almost a total wash due to the cold everyone else seems to be fighting. (Is it possible to transmit a cold through the intraweb?)

Saturday will be my last long trail run. I'm planning 4-5 hours on some slickrock and sand trails. Hoping to cover at least 24 miles.

Our weather has been goofy this week. It's almost 45 this morning. I'm hoping it cools down (20's or teens) before the weekend. I love running in the cold.

Wandering Wally

Just as I was getting some momentum going last week, bam, calf strain.  Boo.  So I rested it a few days and am just getting going again.  Tested it last night with 4.6 miles.  I think I will do the same tonight, but try to push the pace a little to see how it responds to some harder effort.  Evening temps have been hovering around 0 which make for some chilly starts to my runs.  It's all good by the end though.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

back among the living finally- out for the count Mon-Friday!  my plans for a low 30-ish mile week taper went up in smoke

I did feel good enough this morning to get in 7 miles of snowshoe running, I'm not 100% but it did feel good to get outside!  I hope to get another 6-8 snowshoe miles in tomorrow if all goes well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Wandering Wally

mtwarden - Glad you are back in action.

I started the week slow, but finished with a bang.  Got in 8 miles on Saturday and 13.2 yesterday.  Calf is feeling 100% better.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast