Trail Runners

Neo Trail Runners Extreme Team - January 2008 (Read 161 times)

Happy New Year, all my trail running friends! Hope this year brings you success and happiness in your life and on the trails. Big grin

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Nothing

Hey Leslie! I found it! I like being here with the trail runners and I joined the Ultra forum as well. I'm liking this site so far. I was able to import my log as well-Jack imported it 3 times since it worked so well. He hit the import button once, didn't think anything was happening and hit it again. When my miles for September totaled more than 500 and once I thought about it (I ran the VT50 in September sure I could have run more than 500 miles in a month! Big grin ) we realized what had happened and once we looked at my calendar and saw all my runs listed twice said hmmm now what do we do? He downloaded it again to see if the third one would wipe out the first two. It didn't. I've sent an email asking for help! Take care, Kelly
        Hi Kelly! Glad you found us . . . well, me so far. My buddy, Karen, and I ran a nice cold, wet, muddy 7+/- miles in the Arcata Forest this a.m. I live in Northern California, and our area got hit pretty good with that storm that passed through here. Last night, lots of thunder and lightening. The trails were in pretty good shape, considering, and we only had to do some light clearing along the way. I have one more trail run (next Saturday) before hub and I take off for a 2-week vacation. We're going to Prague. Not sure how much snow will be on the ground, but I'm hoping to be able to run at least every other day. Although it'll shorten their life span by running on pavement, I'm going to take my trail shoes as they have a little better grip than my regular road shoes. It'll fun, but boy will it be cold!!

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Have a great vacation! It got to 60 today in northern VT. I ran in shorts this morning at 10 am when it was 51 degrees already! There's always a January thaw but this is unbelievable! I contemplated running on the trails beyond our backyard today but stuck to the roads becasue I figured they would be all mud or snow/ice mix in the shady areas. VO2 max test in the morning to get new heart rate numbers to train by. Have a great time in Prague! Kelly
          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
            Thanks, I will have a great time! Had a really great 7-mile trail run this morning. It was wet, muddy, and fun! I got a little wetter than normal, however. First, I get to Karen's house, pull my pack out of the car, and think, "Hm, it's not as heavy as I thought it was." Well . . . I guess the hose/mouthpiece of the bladder was under the pack, which means the part you suck on to get the fluid was squished wide open, fluid leaked out all over the floorboard of my car. . . . all 48 oz. My purse got soaked, my pack was soaked, when I pulled out my floor mat, the liquid was little flowing off it. Great! So as I'm cleaning up the mess, Karen refills the bladder using her GU2O. We're about an hour into the run, she has to stop and visit the backside of a tree, I'm standing there thinking, "Hmmm, my butt sure does feel cold." I reach around and my entire backside is soaked. She didn't roll the neck down tight enough on the bladder and also put it in the wrong slot on the side of the pack. It just wasn't my day, liquid-wise! Blush Well, I'm all packed! I tell ya, I can get more in a suitcase . . . I bought a new pair of trail running shoes yesterday, so I'm taking those instead of my regular ones and will see how the blister situation goes. (I figure the trail shoes will give me better grip if there's snow and ice.) Right now I have a nice blister on the upper edge of my left big toe. That's a whole new spot! Popped up for the first time last Saturday. Seriously irritating. Well, that's it 'til I get back in two weeks. Keep things going here so we don't slip down outta sight! Later!!!

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance