Trail Runners

Welcome to the RW Refugees- Let's Introduce Ourselves (Read 676 times)

Michael here.  Born, raised, breed, and buttered in Northen California. (San Francisco and Marin)

Run trails with no particular goal in mind other than avoiding pavement.  Haven't raced in a few years.

Goal for 2013 is a DIY 50K in September.  And since I just typed it, I'd better get my act together and not sluff off like I did in 2012!

never give up elevation until you have to

Ultra Cowboy

John here.  Known many places as 2Rocky.  I live North of Mmichael  But have yet to meet him on the trail...

My running as a serious activity started in 2006, and I ran my first trail run in 2007.  I like the User group format to personalize "my own little forum list".  Kudo's to RA for that. 

If you want to know more about me I do have a blog that has a bio on it in my sig.

Thanks for the Welcome. 

WYBMADIITY

Save

Michael and Rocky - We're neighbors . . . sort of.  I'm in Eureka.  I do most of my races with Coastal Trail Runs and PCTR down in your area, and am probably going to do my first Inside Trail race in 2013.  Are there any other organizations doing races down in that area?  I'm looking for 50ks in March and April.  PCTR has new race directors, so I'm hoping they get their schedule up soon and keep the Headlands 100/50 in September.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I'm Betsy, a personal chef & runner in Seattle.  My screen name is a play on one of my favorite foodie films, "Eat Drink Man Woman."  I ran my first marathon in 2007 and my first ultra (50K) in 2009.  Although I still run roads on occasion, I love the trails.  I've run a slew of 50Ks, a handful of 50-milers and 1.9 100 milers (finished the 2011 Javelina Jundred, DNFd at Rocky Raccoon this past February at mile 90).  However, I'm heading back to Rocky this coming February to get that monkey off my back.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!  And srlopez -- any one tell you you look like John Belushi?

Ultra Cowboy

Michael and Rocky - We're neighbors . . . sort of.  I'm in Eureka.  I do most of my races with Coastal Trail Runs and PCTR down in your area, and am probably going to do my first Inside Trail race in 2013.  Are there any other organizations doing races down in that area?  I'm looking for 50ks in March and April.  PCTR has new race directors, so I'm hoping they get their schedule up soon and keep the Headlands 100/50 in September.

If Salt Point Trail Race happens in 2013 I might give PCTR a shot.  Sara dragged that name in the mud with a number of us. 

I'm Looking ahead to the Coastal version of Skyline to Sea in April.  I want to improve on my time from last year.  I just like the Idea of Point to point. 

If I don't get in in the lottery for WTC I'll run Rodeo Beach with ITR. Met the RD's at STTS last June and liked them. 

WYBMADIITY

Save

Jane

Hi, I'm Jane,

I'm a former Swimmer and Rower and Never run actually came from my college's rowing moto of Never Row for the reason in my Siggy.  (Plus it always seems to be available)

I mostly still run on the roads but have been flirting with the trails.  I currently live in the Armpit of GA (SW GA) but am flying out to Detroit Mi on my house hunting trip tomorrow.  (And yes I kind of choose to go there.) I'm a split personality runner and truly enjoy both the trails and the roads.

I ran my first trail race in August of 2011, Tahqua 25k in the UP of Michigan and DFN the North Country 50 mile run at mile 35 this year so as not to mess up my training for the NYC Marathon.  (That worked out so well.)  I've currently got the Land Between the Lakes Marathon and revenge on the North Country 50 mile on my radar for next year.

Oh and FYI before reading any of Jason's RRs I advise making sure you have an hour and some coffee.  They are good just long.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Hey!  I'm Steph.   Welcome.

I'm just starting out in the trail/ultra stuff.

Looks like we're neighbors Morgana.   I'm in Augusta.

steph  

Hi guys, I’m Steph.  I’m from RWOL but wasn’t on the trail running forum over there, can I join your group too? 

I’ve been running for about 7 months and wish I started sooner, I love it.  I grew up hiking, backpacking, and camping throughout all seasons so when I friend asked me if I wanted to run trails with her one day in August I said sure.  I don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner.  I feel in love.  I wish I could run them every day but sadly my schedule just doesn’t allow it. 

Currently I’m only running trails once a week but that will be changing after my goal half marathon in March.  I plan on running trails 2-3 of my 5 days of running after that to help me get ready for the Pineland Trail Running Festival on Memorial Day weekend.  In 2013 I want to run the 25k and I’m thinking about running the 5k the day before or maybe I’ll just volunteer.  In 2014 I really want to do their 50k since it will be my Birthday weekend and I’ll be turning 31. 

Okay, now for me to finish reading this thread to learn a little more about all of you. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

under a rock

Hi, I'm Jane,

I'm a former Swimmer and Rower and Never run actually came from my college's rowing moto of Never Row for the reason in my Siggy.  (Plus it always seems to be available)

I mostly still run on the roads but have been flirting with the trails.  I currently live in the Armpit of GA (SW GA) but am flying out to Detroit Mi on my house hunting trip tomorrow.  (And yes I kind of choose to go there.) I'm a split personality runner and truly enjoy both the trails and the roads.

I used to live just north the armpit of GA. Good luck with the house hunting in Detroit, gotta be tons better than the armpit. We've been much happier since getting out of that region.

If Salt Point Trail Race happens in 2013 I might give PCTR a shot.  Sara dragged that name in the mud with a number of us. 

That's what I heard, which is a real shame.  I hope the new RD's pull through.  I ran the 30k at Salt Point years ago . . . before I knew about drinking something besides plain water and proper nutrition.  Let's just say the last few miles were U-GLY. Black eye  But a beautiful place to run.

ITR is considering a 50k up in my neck of the woods in June.  If it happens, it'll be the first trail race up here.  I won't be able to run it, but I'll definitely volunteer.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Shakedown Street

I am Neil...a BF junkie who started running in May when the doc said I needed lipitor. C25K and two months later, off of lipitor and 30 pounds lighter, now I am doing about 35-40 miles a week, 15-20 is single track. I have ran a couple HM, a ton of 5Ks (not recently), and a few 10Ks (not recently either).

From Texas, live in Dallas, have a place in the hill country and hope to run some of the more interesting trail races in our wonderful state in the not to distant future. I have good trails within walking distance of my house and office. I hope to cut my teeth at  Nueces 25K this year and maybe Hell's Hills in Smithville.

I also swim and cycle. Swim about 5K a week and cycle about 30K (mostly to loosen the legs after a run-seems to help me recover). I used to cycle about 300K/week (college/younger years).

Thank you for having us!

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Hey!  I'm Steph.   Welcome.

I'm just starting out in the trail/ultra stuff.

Looks like we're neighbors Morgana.   I'm in Augusta.

Cool! Do you ever run any races up here?

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

Purdey

Self anointed title

Oh. I'm robert.

Robert?  I thought it was just McLovin?

Run Long, and Prosper!

Hi all, I'm Joe and live in Raleigh, NC.  Not a frequent poster but love to read what y'all are up to. I started running in September '09 and trail running in Dec'10. I've run a handful of trail races including 2-40s and a 50M. Also a RW refugee.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Cool! Do you ever run any races up here?

Nope, not yet.  

steph