Trail Runners

Welcome to the RW Refugees- Let's Introduce Ourselves (Read 676 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Michael and Rocky - We're neighbors . . . sort of.  I'm in Eureka.  I do most of my races with Coastal Trail Runs and PCTR down in your area, and am probably going to do my first Inside Trail race in 2013.  Are there any other organizations doing races down in that area?  I'm looking for 50ks in March and April.  PCTR has new race directors, so I'm hoping they get their schedule up soon and keep the Headlands 100/50 in September.

I just moved back east after living in the bay area for several years, I've done many CTR races and a

few PCTR before they went out of business. Before I left I raced and volunteered at a few Inside 

Trail races. The Tim's and volunteer coordinator put on a great race; challenging courses with

plenty of elevation, great food and awesome technical shirts. I highly recommend trying an Inside

Trail race, they do HM's, 30K, 50K, and a few 50's all over the bay area. 

These folks also do races in that area, some are quirky distances. 
    http://www.envirosports.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

From Texas, live in Dallas, have a place in the hill country and hope to run some of the more interesting trail races in our wonderful state in the not to distant future. 

One word: Bandera.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My real name is Andrea, I live in southern Indiana where there isn't much trails but I make the best of it. I was on the RW forums since 2010 I think. I have been running since 2010, I've done a little bit of trail running but I want to get more obsessed with it now.  I love photography and so I enjoy taking my camera out on the trails that I run, sometimes I'll take my smaller one out so I can run and take photos. I am going to really enjoy running trails this winter in snow, I haven't done that yet. Over in Henderson, KY John James Audubon State Park has some killer trails, people who are actually training to hike/run on the Appalachian Trails will train on these trails. If I am not wanting giant hills, I will go to a few areas around Southern Indiana though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Robert?  I thought it was just McLovin?

Ha! Big grin

Re Envirosports.  I had a really bad experience that soured me on them, but that was about 3 years ago.  Maybe it's time to give it another go.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Name is Jamie, some call me boyjame, or boy, or "hey you".  I also go by Da Professor, Trail Prof or any such deriviaive (ok this is totally self proclaimed but I hope that this is an official title within the next few years).  I am father to three and husband to one.  Running for 4.5 years - started with roads, got bored (and realized I was slow) so I turned to trails (on which I am slower).  I love the longer distances but 2012 has been a year of injury so unsure what the future holds on ultras for me. 

PA is my home and home to many wonderful trails - most of which have way too many rocks and roots.  Sometimes we have switchbacks, sometimes we don't.  Love reading race reports from others - it has possibly been the most informative resource in learning about trail running and ultras. 

See you on  the trails!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

Name is Jamie, some call me boyjame, or boy, or "hey you".  I also go by Da Professor, Trail Prof or any such deriviaive (ok this is totally self proclaimed but I hope that this is an official title within the next few years).  I am father to three and husband to one.  Running for 4.5 years - started with roads, got bored (and realized I was slow) so I turned to trails (on which I am slower).  I love the longer distances but 2012 has been a year of injury so unsure what the future holds on ultras for me. 

PA is my home and home to many wonderful trails - most of which have way too many rocks and roots.  Sometimes we have switchbacks, sometimes we don't.  Love reading race reports from others - it has possibly been the most informative resource in learning about trail running and ultras. 

See you on  the trails!

Watch out for this one, he is trouble

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

No kidding.  Husband to only one?  Phhsstttt.

Running is dumb.

KreegSauceRuns

Nathan

near Winston Salem, NC

30 y/o

married w/ 9 month old daughter

Running:  start 3/6/10

Progress:  5k --> 13.1 --> trail 26.2 --> 50k --> 40M --> 100k (current)

Goals:  50M's and 100k's in 2013.  Debut 100M in 2014

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

James from NJ (just outside NYC).  28 y/o, not married but not single.  I am making the switch from RW also.  I started running almost 2 years ago, but it is becoming apparent that I feel more at home on the trails than the sidewalk, so I got that going for me...

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

Wow...I'm getting here late because Mandy was busy screwing off and wasn't able to tell me what to do.

I am Kelly and recently moved to Ogden UT, from the Philly area. I'm relatively new to running still and have learned most of what I know from these other RWOL folks in this thread. I'm not sure what that means for me, but it's worked out so far.

I'm happy that we all made this move together. I haven't been in the forums as long as a lot of these guys, but this communication and these relationships have been a very positive thing for me.

Uh oh... now what?

Only following where lace_up has cleared the mines...

I live and run on an island in the Pacific Northwest, mostly on trails.

No kidding.  Husband to only one?  Phhsstttt.

That raised my eyebrows, too.  I'm sure his Only Wife is happy about it, as well. Wink

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

this from "dirty_sanchez"  ...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

this from "dirty_sanchez"  ...

What-cho talking about Willis?

runtraildc

Nancy here-- DC area (MD actually, we're originally from MN). 

Lifelong runner-- trails preferred, but roads when necessary.  I seem to be one of the few RW refugees that has not done any ultras (though that may change).  Mom to two boys and married to a kitesurfer (who now hates running) .  

And thank you to all the RA runners who have been so welcoming!