Trail Runners

Pine Mountain 40 (Read 239 times)

Thinking about this race in Georgia in early December.  Is anyone familiar with it?

You might consider emailing Christian since he's from Georgia.

Good luck!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Rocks, rocks and more rocks!

I did it last year and hope to again, if I can get ready for it. It's a nice, fairly challenging race, put on by GUTS. Constant rolling hills on singletrack, nothing too steep or long and mostly runnable except for a difficult couple of miles around 23-24. What makes it hard is that most of the trail is quite rocky and/or rooty, covered by fallen leaves, so it takes a lot of concentration and effort, if you lose your focus you will pay. By the time I finished I never wanted to see another rock again. Nice aid stations and finisher schwag too. 

Then there's always the chance of bad weather, we dodged a bullet last year as an ice storm hit just a few days later. C'mon down up! 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

And with a good cold front, you could end up joining the "more miles than degrees club" as Perfesser did last year

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

Imminent Catastrophe

Heh, I forgot about that!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

So, Steve, did you run PM40?

So, Steve, did you run PM40?

Nope, but congrats on your finish.  Looks like a tough race.