Trail Runners

Bizz Johnson Trail Marathon (Read 175 times)

If you don't already have enough excitement in your life, you can cruise on over to my blog and read my race report at Fatozzig's Place.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I LOVED your report. I think we would run great together, since my fastest marathon time was 5:32, in Reno. I completely agree with you on the road versus trails thing. I too think the appeal of the trails is not knowing what is around the next corner or hill, and those long-sihted roads are mentally really difficult to handle. Anyway - great job finsihin the race, and wondering how your hip flexor is doing now?
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        Thanks, Landy. The hip flexor is getting better. I just have to take it easy and keep up the appropriate exercises. Do you ever run any of the Pacific Coast Trail Runs events? (www.pctrailruns.com) They have the best aid stations I've encountered yet, and Sarah and Wendell do a great job. There aren't any fancy awards at the end, but the community I've encountered there is really great. Maybe one of these days we'll catch up with each other at one of their events.

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Great report Leslie! and I liked reading some of the rest of your blog! Good job in finishing and helping Aaron to finish too. That's the part of trail runner community that I like-we're all there for each other. Kelly
          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
            Do you ever run any of the Pacific Coast Trail Runs events? (www.pctrailruns.com) They have the best aid stations I've encountered yet, and Sarah and Wendell do a great job. There aren't any fancy awards at the end, but the community I've encountered there is really great. Maybe one of these days we'll catch up with each other at one of their events.
            Haven't done one of their runs yet - although I've heard plenty of good stuff about them. Since i'm trying to do the 50/50 thing, we don't run too many races in California unless they're fairly local. It's tough enough trying to fit in (and afford) trips to other states around the kids school and sports schedules. But maybe someday we'll head to a PCTR event and we'll get to meet up - or if you head up near Auburn send out a shout! Big grin
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
              Little late, but I checked out your report and blog. Nice report, and way to tough it out to the finish. You know, I notice the difference in my perception of effort in the dark versus the light. I think I run more comfortably, and faster, when I can't see my body. Things just fall into place more naturally. In the light of day, I can see my body in my peripheral vision and it messes me up some how. I think it gives me a perception of my speed ( or lack thereof) or something which causes me to become too conscious of my body movement instead of forgetting about it and motoring. Whatever. I'm not a butt floss guy. I'm more commando as well. That would have been my suggestion. But your wrong on the guy thing. Some do wear that stuff.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

I'm not a butt floss guy. I'm more commando as well. That would have been my suggestion. But your wrong on the guy thing. Some do wear that stuff.
                Not a visual I needed at 9:00 in the morning. This is really going mess up the rest of my day. Wink

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance