Trail Runners

Well sorry about that (Read 390 times)

xor

To any and all people I have managed to piss off in the two basically identical trail forums for having the audacity to point out that this group didn't used to get a lot of traffic and the RWOL area seemed not-that-busy recently either and there might be synergy to build upon.... SORRY.

I don't logically get the need for two groups, but my fingers are adept and I don't care.  I'd rather have people be smiling and happy and not feeling like they are being "told" something. And not being told that they don't, shouldn't, or can't fit in.

Two message board cultures.  One passion.  Cross pollination is goodness.  I don't really care where, not really.  Tis why I posted on RWOL and RA for many many years.

So please, step back, and put your guns away.  And I will now just lurk for a bit.

Friends?

Ok.

Yeah, I used the word "10" in reference to the RWOL folks landing here.  I had no science to base that on... over on RWOL there were no stats (but that new group here has at least 118 members NOW, so kick ass).  I assure you that the number ONE ZERO was not meant to be offensive.

Where's the group hug emoticon when we need it?  

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Friends?

I missed all the excitement, but I'd like to be your friend.  

I want more friends.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have company coming soon.  If you children manage to blow up both trail forums before I get back, I'm going to be very, very angry with you. 

Running is dumb.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

I have company coming soon.  If you children manage to blow up both trail forums before I get back, I'm going to be very, very angry with you. 

Yes, mother. :smilesanevilgrin:

AutBatgirl

I missed all the excitement, but I'd like to be your friend.  

I want more friends.

+1. Only without the huggy and kissy emoticons, because I'm not a huggy and kissy kinda person.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

+1. Only without the huggy and kissy emoticons, because I'm not a huggy and kissy kinda person.

I think you need a hug.

Weegee

Mom's out.  Let's tear the shit out of this place!

Oh wait.  Rudolph's on.  Never mind.  Gotta go watch TV.

xor

If by children, I'm a children, well this children... along with pretty much everyone else who hasn't beaten down the door with an axe... is pretty much yawning.  Some of us may not understand "why 2?" but nobody, me included, has really cared all that much.  Because clicking twice is fine.  There will be no blown up user groups.

I only got ticked off when I was quoted way way out of context in a manner seemingly intending to stir up the other forum by saying that the out-of-context quote represented the opinions of this community.  AT BEST, it (poorly and incorrectly) represented the opinions of srlopez.  Not the mysterious "they".

And my opinion.... after working hard to get BF and LNO integrated and singing kumbiya... remains: grab a brew.  Don't cost nothin.

We're nice people here.

Occasional Runner

I love you, Man.Big grin

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

it's all good...I think. 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

It is great to see all the new faces here...especially the older-than-dirt curmudgeony types (you know who you are).

RunJasonRun

No idea what is going on to necessitate this thread.  I do, however, sometimes get confused about whether a certain thread was in the "Trail Runners" forum or the "Trailer Trash" forum.  Or the "Ultra Runners" forum, for that matter.  I sometimes visit all three before I find the thread that I was looking for.  Not a complaint, just an amusing observation.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

xor

No idea what is going on to necessitate this thread.  I do, however, sometimes get confused about whether a certain thread was in the "Trail Runners" forum or the "Trailer Trash" forum.  Or the "Ultra Runners" forum, for that matter.  I sometimes visit all three before I find the thread that I was looking for.  Not a complaint, just an amusing observation.

It was my same amusing observations that caused me to ask the question (the elephant in the room) and then respond with a bit of detail in the RWOL refugee thread to something betsy said. 

Then John from RW took it personally, apparently, poked me a bit in that thread... and went back over to the trash forum with an out of context quote playing it up as kind of what the community vibe here is, in what looks like an attempt to get people riled up.  And did seem to maybe/maybe NOT get a couple folks riled, like lace-up.  To which I responded over there, vigorously and too much-ishly, which then ticked off a bunch of folks and made for many rolling eyeballs and so I thought I'd start a metatopic to be dramatic.  Because it not only isn't the community vibe, but it wasn't even what *I* was trying to say, not really.

Indeed.

It's just running.

In addition to wondering where a certain topic was located, we get to read about the same topic in a few spots... but that was really always the case on every message board that splits trails from ultras (which makes sense to me to do).

Cool that we have traffic now.  I thought people had fallen asleep under a tree somewhere.