Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team - June 2009 (Read 270 times)

Chris posted at end of May thread:

Did a 22 miler w/ 9000' of gain over the weekend.  Last week was about 70-ish miles and 30,000' of gain for the week... trying to get my climbing legs back before the summer mountain climbing season hits.

From Saturday's run:

Today will be easy, 30-60 minutes.  Day 92 of the streak.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

- Chris

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Gorgeous picture!  Looks like something out of a magazine!

So you a new daddy yet??

23.5 miles this weekend, 16 on Saturday, 7.5 on Sunday.  Extremely tight calves that I'm trying desperately to work out.  I have a date tonight with a heating pad and foam roller.

Later!

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Not yet!  About 3 more weeks... 

So you a new daddy yet??

18.20 miles of hills, hills, and more hills today, and tomorrow get to turn around and do another 10.  However, Trails 4/8 to 12 and back are not my schedule . . . although I'll probably run them.  Today it was twice up then down, the next 2 weeks it'll be 3x, and the following week, right before taper, 4x.  I absolutely despise that combination because 12 is so frigging steep, but it's what we need to get us through SOB in a month.

Well, off to get some transcription done.  Later!

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Hi Guys!  Awesome picture to start the month with!  Wish I was in it!  I'm doing well just really busy with training, work, kid stuff etc.

Leslie-good for you and the hill work-I was just thinking this morning I definitely need more of that too especially just to get the HR up.  Been spending too  much time at my comfortable base pace and want to lose a couple more pounds.

Congrats on the baby Chris in case it's a while before I check in again.

I ran a 50 miler Memorial Day weekend and did well.  I went to Maine all by myself-no Jack, he was committed to the VT City Marathon.  It was the Pineland Farms Trail Challenge, I finished in 8:40 which is a 20 minute PR from a VT50m finish of 9:00 a couple years ago.  I placed 23 overall out of 76, 5th female overall and won the 35-44 age group.  I'm happy with that.  The course was rolly-no huge hills and wide-no single track at all.  Either logging/dirt type road, grassy path or a mowed path through the cow fields.  Had there been some single track and bigger hills I don't know if I would have finished so quickly.

I'm shooting for the Iroquois Trails 100 again in Sept to break 24 hrs.

But more exciting is my trip next weekend to Washington State to the Brooks Running Camp!  I'm going to get to run with Scott Jurek next Friday morning!  WooHoo!

Happy Trails, Kelly
            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
              Nice to hear from you, Kelly.  Congrats on a great run!  You're gonna have a blast in Washington.  We want a report and pics.

6 hilly pavement miles this a.m. in an hour.  Strangely warm for us around here.  It was only 6, but I felt the need to guzzle water the whole time and didn't have any with me.

On one of my hills, I saw something red in the road, and as I got closer, I finally saw that it was 2 dozen deep pink roses.  The grocery store is just a few blocks away, so whomever probably set them on the top of their car and forgot about them.  Well, I couldn't carry 2 doz roses with me for 6 miles, so I set them on the porch of a nearby house.  The yard is full of flowers, so I figured the people would appreciate them, but wonder who the heck left roses on their front porch.  When I drove by on my way to work, they were gone.  Hopefully, it brightened their day.

Also, got a call from my favorite boss last night about 8:45.  He was in a car accident about 1.5 hours from here, on his way back from Carmel visiting his dad.  Eventually nodded off, drifted into the ditch, tried to get back on the road, over corrected, and rolled the car, a Honda Element.  Landed upside down.  Luckily it was during daylight hours, and there were cars behind him.  The people stopped to help him, and one was a nurse (his wife is a nurse) named Pam (his wife's name is Pam) who works in the cardiac unit in New York (his wife works in the cardiac unit here).  Nothing broken, but pretty shaken up and bruised.  If he had been in his Porsche, he would have been killed since it's a convertible.  God was definitely watching out for him.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Saturday, I attempted to run the Shackleford Trail in Marble Mountains of the Siskiyou National Forest.  If you'd like to read about the entire debacle, you can find it here: http://fatozzig.blogspot.com/2009/06/shackleford-trail-ft-jones-ca.html

I was stupid on a few things, but oh well.  Live and learn.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Well, this is sure quiet lately.  Hello, hello, hello.  Can ya hear the echo, echo, echo?

Last week was my first ever for 40 miles or more, and I logged 46.  22 were on Saturday, with 10 the following day.  This next weekend will be 24 and 10, and then we taper for our 50k on July 11 at SOB.  I'm already getting filled with nervous excitement, but that's just how it goes with me.

Hope everyone's having a great summer so far.  Is Chris a Poppa again, yet??

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Nope, not yet... still waiting.  Induction is Thursday morning though, so she's coming out soon, one way or another!

Most of my running has been pretty boring... loops around town.  Did a 24 miler last Sunday, capping a 61 mile week.  This week's off to a good start, but that's going to come to a screeching halt on Thursday ;-)

I'll try to check in more after things settle down.  Hope everyone is getting out and enjoying their summers!

- Chris

We want a baby picture!

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Katelyn Marie Gerber arrived yesterday.  8lbs 2oz.  Baby and mother are both doing exceptionally well.  Labor only lasted 3 hours! :-)  Maybe that means she'll be a fast runner too!

CONGRATULATIONS, DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hello people.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.