Trail Runners

Inspiring Quotes, Poems . . . (Read 288 times)

GO PLACIDLY (a portion of) Desiderata - Max Ehrmann - 1927 Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they, too, have their story.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Thanks for sharing. I also like your sig line quote.
      Find the fun.
        Thanks for sharing. I also like your sig line quote.
        Your welcome,and thanks. --------------- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. (Martin Luther King, Jr.)

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is bliss, taste it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it. Life is life, fight for it. (Mother Teresa)

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

rustyboy

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.......(T.S Eliot)
              Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
              Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
                FULLY ALIVE I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom, and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit. Dawna Markova

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Some of my favorties: “The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.” – Arthur Clarke “Not all suffering is bad.” – David Horton “Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.” - Robert Cody “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” - Newt Gingrich “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” - Mahatma Ghandi “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” - Mother Teresa “Security is mostly a superstition.....Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” - T.S. Elliot "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Sir Winston Churchill "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you are just standing still." - Will Rogers "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination." - Tommy Lasorda “The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” – Rocky Balboa “Pride lasts longer than pain…” - Herbert Howe “I will not last forever, but I am damn well going to know I have been here.” – George Sheehan
                  Security is mostly a superstition.....Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all. http://journals.aol.com/dironstarr/a-running-fool/
                    Was Teddy talking about running ultras? Smile It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt
                    Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
                      "The road to hell is paved." - unknown trail runner
                      Carl A

“Energy and persistence conquer all things.” - Benjamin Franklin

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Do not tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death. (or something like that)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." "When the situation is hopeless, there's nothing to worry about." - Edward Abbey