Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey--thanks!

Very nice race, and RR. Now I'm itchin' to get back into trailrunning, hopefully one of Terri's races next year!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Let's try and do Buncombe. It'll be like a reunion of Terri race followers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Happy

Trey - I have enjoyed following your journey. I ran the Lynch's Wood 50K this past Sunday also but I DNF'ed. It was my first ever long trail event. I felt like my muscles had taken a beating doing all the ups/downs and the twists/turns so I skipped the last loop. I can still look forward to one day in the future complete a 50K. It was interesting to give the body a taste of running that kind of distance on single track - very challenging. Also, I have never before spent that much time running/walking. One of my most positive experiences that day was that th digestive system cooperated really well and hydration and energy management went well. I am now inspired to try to go longer the next time. I quit after 5 1/2 hrs.

UltraTerri is a very special Lady - the organization of the race was fantastic. She knows her stuff!! 

5K, 4/28/07 24:16 PR 10K, 5/5/07 49:23 PR 1/2 M, 12/08/07 1:49:34 PR Marathon, 12/09/06 3:57:37 BQ 50K, 10/04/2009 7:27:00 PB 40M, 4/17/2010 11:20:00 PB

under a rock

I'm impressed that you ran that far in the south this time of year! Actually, I'm also just impressed that you ran that far no matter what time of year.  I love reading reports from races for inspiration, especially ultras. Hopefully next time you'll remember you're running and not at a buffet when you hit the aid station!