Trail Runners

Tahoe Rim Trail Run (Read 145 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Has anyone done it? Well, of course someone has. I mean, have any of you done it? I'm thinking of doing it next year as my first 50-miler.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I did the 50k as my first 50k, after only 4 marathons (3 in the previous 10 months, though).  i think i have a report and pics somewhere around....here.... it is an absolutely awesome trail - gorgeous!  The race organizers put on a training run about a month before the race, and my husband and I have done that the past 2 years, also (but a shorter version ~18 miles one year and 21 the next).  The actual Garmin distance for the 50k came out at over 34 miles, so just keep in mind that the course may be "long" for the 50 miles, also.

MTA: I really can't recommend this run enough.  Extremely well organized run, in one of the most beautiful areas in the US.  After 9 marathons and 50ks, this was by far my favorite, and the most difficult!

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Here is a link to more photos: 2008 photos (with a better camera this time).

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Imminent Catastrophe

Just saw your modified RR. This sounds great! Thanks.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016