Trail Runners

Dirty Trail Runners Monthly - 2010, Get your feet wet! (Read 685 times)

Yea!  I got through my 18 miles today!  Made it in about 3:35.  I was worried 'cause I was a bit nauseated when I got up this morning and I was really tired.  But I ate half a turkey/avo sandwich while I was getting ready, and that helped.  During the run, I hit my car 2 times for soup, and during the run ate 3/4 of a turkey/avo sandwich, plus other goodies (no Pop Tarts!) and shot bloks.  The time included the 2 extended "aid station" stops, plus some extended walking, so I'm happy with it.  Turned the Garmin off at one point when I had to stop to struggle with opening a shot blok pack, then forgot to turn it back on for about a mile.   So I added the mile and 15 minutes to my Garmin time.

I'm really tired, my legs are achy, and I can't stop eating, but I don't feel like I got run over by a Mack truck like I did last week.  Sweet!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

under a rock

I looked at my log yesterday and realized I haven't been on a trail in over a week! Seems way too long to go without trails but family obligations and a cold have kept me from being able to get to the trails. Yesterday I did my long run on the treadmill because of the icy roads and I decided in order to get over this cold faster it would be in my best interest not to work my lungs in sub freezing temps. This week's weather doesn't look much like it will cooperate for me to hit the trails either, Sunday is possibly looking like my only day on the trails.

I'm so over winter!