Trail Runners

Golden Gate 50k Trail Run Report - Marin Headlands, Sausalito, CA (Read 208 times)

Finished my race report.  It's extra, extra long, so be prepared to devote an hour or two if you choose to read it.  Used a bit of a different writing style this time.  Wish I was better at writing, 'cause I do love to do it.  Anyway, here it is: http://fatozzig.blogspot.com/

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ugh, what a journey. But very grippingly told. Congratulations on persevering and proving yourself tougher than the course, the cold, the  mud, the rain, and the interminable fatigue.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Wow.  I haven't been posting here for awhile, but this deserves a congratulations.  +1 What AP wrote. 

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

Imminent Catastrophe

...and I thought it was tough, running those Marin Headlands trails in perfect weather. Wow, what an ordeal, and thanks for writing a most excellent report. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Thank you for your comments.  Very much appreciated. 

Russ, you gettin' excited about Miwok?  May 7 is going to be here sooner than you know it.  I just got the rest of my running schedule until Leona Divide.  Boy, the weeks are going to go back so fast!  Yikes!

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, I wouldn't say "excited" Shocked

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Big grin

You're going to do great!

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

I'd sleep better if I hadn't gone there and seen some of those climbs. 

BTW How's the TRX? Still using it? Santa let me down but maybe the Easter Bunny will come through.

I think the TRX is a great strength training tool.  I switch up between it and free weights every six weeks or so.  I like it because (1) it's a compact workout tool that takes up very little room (except you need to ensure when you install it there's enough room to do certain exercises when the straps are fully extended), (2) you can make an exercise harder or easier simply by changing the angle of your body and/or lifting a foot off the ground, and (3) you're constantly using your core to stabilize yourself, much more so than with a free weight workout.

Hope you've been good for the Easter Bunny. Smile

Just got back from a mean dentist appointment.  She warned me to start taking pain meds before my mouth wakes back up.  My opinion: Screw Advil, give me Vicodin!  (I'm having a hard time not dribbling my soup down my chin.)

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Fatozzig:

Great report!  You are tough.

Got me sentimental about Marin Headlands - they are mighty beautiful.

Keep running!

Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30