Trail Runners

American River 50-Mile Endurance Run Race Report (Read 321 times)

Here ya go.  It's 50 miles long.    AR50

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Awesome report! And, an even better race!

What an experience... I felt like I was out there with you (and, frankly, can't wait until I'm out there again myself).

I totally understand about the crying. Crying and sucking wind - WTF? But, there it is. What else are ya gonna do? Oh, yeah - just keep moving forward.

Brava!!  (we need a clapping smiley)

Liz

pace sera, sera

Thanks for the great race report, Leslie!  Way to hold it together and successfully finish the race!

Wow, that is some hill at the end...I can't imagine running for that long and then facing THAT... 

under a rock

Great report! It made me cry right along with you. And it also made me want to go do a 50 miler! You should be super proud of yourself, I am!

Happy

Leslie - Awesome report and what fun............. 

You did an amazing job out there - I love your photos and I felt the pressure of making the cut-offs. Your race report will certainly be on my mind while I run this week end. Thank you!

5K, 4/28/07 24:16 PR 10K, 5/5/07 49:23 PR 1/2 M, 12/08/07 1:49:34 PR Marathon, 12/09/06 3:57:37 BQ 50K, 10/04/2009 7:27:00 PB 40M, 4/17/2010 11:20:00 PB

The King of Beasts

Great Report !

I am really looking forward to my first trail race this year.

and I'm glad I had lots of popcorn

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

What a great write-up you do of your runs, Leslie.  Wow, what an experience.  As I was reading it, I was recalling very similar feelings about wanting to quit, and I felt like i was right there with you.  I'm very impressed you pushed through all the emotion and pain and finished.  AWESOME JOB!  And it was great to meet you, and yes, if you ever come to Auburn or Sacramento, let me know and we'll meet up again.

For any other runners out there- if you ever need information about trails around Auburn, feel free to ask me, send me a private message.  I've been on almost all parts of the race courses of AR50, Way Too Cool, Western States, etc , wihtout having actually run in any of the races. Or if you need informaiton on the town of Auburn, places to eat dinner, drink beer , have a great breakfast, etc.

Leslie - i could have got some photos for you of the trail section from Beal's Point to the finish if I'd know it would have helped you.   When I do a race, I usually don't want to know much about the scenery along it, since one of my favorite parts of trail running is experiencing new trails. 

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

and I'm glad I had lots of popcorn

Yes!  I read it in 4 different sittings!  But every word was worth it reading...

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Trails - It's sort of good not knowing exactly what's in store so that you can't totally wig out in your head about it.  But now that I've been there, I'm already telling myself how I would (. . . . will . . . ) change my training for next time.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

who knows...

Congratulations!!!
                      "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin
                        Leslie, that was a great report.  I liked your backgammon move!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus