Trail Runners

Pine Mountain 40 (Read 239 times)

Thinking about this race in Georgia in early December.  Is anyone familiar with it?

Cat in a Pot

You might consider emailing Christian since he's from Georgia.

Good luck!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles (w/Trail Factor 50k) - Cascade Crest, WA/Astoria, OR/Portland, OR

June 7 - Grasshopper Peak Redwoods Run 30k - Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA

July 12 - Mt. Hood 50 - Mt. Hood, OR

Oct 11 - Firetrails 50 - Lake Chabot, CA

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
      Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

Imminent Catastrophe

Rocks, rocks and more rocks!

I did it last year and hope to again, if I can get ready for it. It's a nice, fairly challenging race, put on by GUTS. Constant rolling hills on singletrack, nothing too steep or long and mostly runnable except for a difficult couple of miles around 23-24. What makes it hard is that most of the trail is quite rocky and/or rooty, covered by fallen leaves, so it takes a lot of concentration and effort, if you lose your focus you will pay. By the time I finished I never wanted to see another rock again. Nice aid stations and finisher schwag too. 

Then there's always the chance of bad weather, we dodged a bullet last year as an ice storm hit just a few days later. C'mon down up! 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

And with a good cold front, you could end up joining the "more miles than degrees club" as Perfesser did last year

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

Imminent Catastrophe

Heh, I forgot about that!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

So, Steve, did you run PM40?

So, Steve, did you run PM40?

Nope, but congrats on your finish.  Looks like a tough race.