Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team-January 2009 (Read 475 times)

Okay, I hate to do this when everyone is having a good time, but I am about to cry over here. The ice storms are sending my husband to Arkansas TOMORROW. They are telling him to prepare to be away for SIX MONTHS! He has been home for nine days after a six month absence from August to last week. Over the past five years, we have been apart about three of them. I am ready to withdraw from life, eat until I am obese, and watch videos until he comes home. I HATE being an adult sometimes. Responsibility SUCKS! I could go on and on, but you guys do not deserve it. Sorry about the emotional dump. Kitrin
    Wow... six months because of ice? Won't it be really hot in Arkansas in 6 months? Or does he have to stay through the very end of the cleanup/rebuilding stuff? He works for FEMA right? The woman who lives behind us works for them, and she's gone all the freakin' time. I hardly every see her. Either way, that really sucks! Hopefully it won't be as be as bad as they are thinking... I have a lot of family and friends in southern Indiana, where I'm from. From the photos they've been posting on Facebook today, the ice storm looks awful.
      I'll email you so I can be more frank. I'm sorry for the bad news. Husbands and wives are not meant to be apart. No

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Kitrin - Not much solace is hearing "hang in there," but do. And remember that we're here for you. No need to worry about emotional dumping. We all do it. Has your hub heard anything about the job he applied for? On the plus side - being away from each can make reunions a whole heck of a lot of fun!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

On the plus side - being away from each can make reunions a whole heck of a lot of fun!
          Leslie's always so good about finding the good things even in a bad situation! Hope that new job in Oklahoma pans out... that would be a nice change for you guys. Did a 20 miler tonight. Cold out there... I'm ready for spring.
          Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Thank you for your grace, guys. I pouted, ate about half a bag of chocolate chips, and told myself to grow up. Now, if I can manage to make myself run and eat right today, I might actually arrest the cycle. I consider this a victory because I did not drive somewhere and buy a vat of ice cream to eat. Sigh, I will be okay ultimately. I had to vent. We have fog this morning, and I need to take to car for an alignment before DH can take it to Arkansas. Then packing, etc. Maybe I can run this afternoon. I will need to run this afternoon. I won't become a hermit and disappear, I promise. Again, thanks for the love and support. Kitrin
              Hey, we're all about caring in our intangible, never-having-met-one-another-and-probably-never-will psuedo-community of people who've never actually heard one another's voices! Of course we'll support you. We're a psuedo-family! Psuedo-hugs.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Ultrachick

Well, I think I caught up. Bummer about the surgery and cleansing, Leslie Bummer about your husband Kitrin-keeping my thoughts to myself on this one-sounds too much like my former marriage Buddo, looks like you have a good eye. My life is fine-the usual craziness. Anatomy & Physiology II started this week and I already feel miles behind. I also started training to be extra call center help for VT Teddy Bear Co. Four freaking hours a day, every day this week. Honestly, I can't stand it but I've always said 'I'll do what I have to do to get by'. I've run a little-some inside and some outside. We got about a foot of snow yesterday so I did treat myself to morning of skiing before training with Jack. This weekend I'm off to NH for a tele skiing clinic to keep my ski instructor cert in good standing. I'll try to check in when I can but know I'm still thinking of you-pseudo hugs and kisses Blush Kelly
                If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                  Pseudo hugs and kisses - Very nice, Greg and Kelly. Very nice! Yesterday was a medical day, so no running. The plus side of an endoscopy - the drugs. Yes The down side, starving to death before the procedure. However, I did manage to stuff a burger in my face once we got home before I promptly passed out again for a few more hours. No ulcers, but I guess he did see some "red spots" Confused, so 3 samples were taken for biopsy. Guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks if it comes to anything. Did get 3 lead-legged miles in this a.m., as well as some upper body and core work, and tomorrow will again attempt a 10-mile trail run. Have a good weekend!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance