Trail Runners

What's up here? "Is there anybody out there?" (Read 500 times)

Yo. What's everyone up to? I'm training for a marathon. Ran 17miles on the road today. Anybody gearing up for anything good?

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Umstead 100 miler, on fire roads. 3 weeks.

Wait. 3 weeks???

Shocked

Imminent Catastrophe

Umstead 100 miler, on fire roads. 3 weeks.

Wait. 3 weeks???

Shocked

You're running through fire? 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

First 100?

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm confused on the training plan.  How does one train to run 100 miles without running more than 20 miles at a time in within 2 months of the race?  Maybe you are pulling a "hide the workout"  Good luck either way...

Good luck, Trent!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Good luck, Trent!

Buddo, what marathon are you training for?

I'm training for the Wyoming Marathon in May - it'll be my first.  Mostly on dirt roads.  Hilly and high altitude. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm confused on the training plan.  How does one train to run 100 miles without running more than 20 miles at a time in within 2 months of the race?  Maybe you are pulling a "hide the workout"  Good luck either way...

Wait.

I was supposed to train?

Oh. Snap.

Gearing up for the Grizzly Peak Trail Marathon on April 7, which will be followed by participating in the 3-day Western States training camp over Memorial Day Weekend, then the Mt. Hood 50-miler at the end of July.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Gearing up for the Grizzly Peak Trail Marathon on April 7, which will be followed by participating in the 3-day Western States training camp over Memorial Day Weekend, then the Mt. Hood 50-miler at the end of July.

I've had my eye on the WS training camp, that would be cool. Don't know if it's worth the long trip. There's also a Tahoe Rim Trail training run in June that makes more sense for me.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

My friends Kate and Karen have done this the last three years and have a great time.  This is my first time, so we'll see how it goes.  I have no expectations except to (1) enjoy the trail and spending time with friends, and (2) hopefully get those legs moving on Days 2 and 3! Big grin

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

First 100

Good luck! 

I still haven't run 100, furthest is 50. 

A friend is putting on a 24 hour race this summer, so I'm hoping to ride the fitness from this month through the baby being born and then enjoy 24 hours of no screaming to get in my first 100+ miles in one go. The baby should be about 2 months old at that point so I should be trained to work through sleep deprivation at that point right?

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Sorry... I got pretty sick at the end of 2011 and haven't been online too much, nor running.  Starting to feel better these days, running a little bit again.  No races until July (Hardrock).  Not sure if that will actually happen, but I hope so.  

I'll try not to be such a stranger.  Hope everyone's year has been going great!! 

Well, I ended up getting hurt and had to scrap the marathon. Did a 19 miler in a new pair of flat shoes and hurt my knee. Sufffered for a few weeks trying to gut it out, then scrapped it. Was training for the Pocono Mtn. marathon. Maybe the Philly marathon in Nov. then. How did y'all do in your races?