Trail Runners

Packing List (copied and modified from the Marathon Group) (Read 844 times)

Carry-on bag: shoes Injinji toe socks medical tape Road ID shorts/capris/running pants undies bra tech shirt running vest sunglasses visor alternate hat flashlight ipod and earphones fuel belt with all bottles and caps/or vest safety pins Garmin with charger alternate sports watch wrist sweatband big ziplock bags throw away sweatshirt for the start-line swimsuit race registration airline confirmatioon car rental confirmation hotel confirmation map to hotel map to packet pick-up/EXPO map to start of race/parking camera cell phone (alarm clock) Suitcase: Body Glide sunscreesn Succeed capsules packets of gel biofreeze ibuprofin (for after the race) sweatpants throw away wet washclothes (from REI) sweatshirt sandals clean soft socks all other clothes for that evening and next day hairband and clips frog togg chilly pad to cool off with at end of race small collapsible cooler to store post-race chocolate milk and chips plastic bag to put dirty race clothes in eye drops duct tape Swiss army knife (in checked luggage) from DaddyO: Food of your liking in case you can't find it when you get there! Anything else? Tongue
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      Dang, that is quite a list! I like it and am going to cut and paste it to my "running" folder on my lap top. Thanks for the hard work! Cool

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

It wasn't that hard - i am big on list when I pack - mainly because I HATE packing. SO I tend to bring everything I could possibly need. Just in case. Alot of the above is more applicable to road runs (I made it when I was going out of town for a marathon last year). And I suspect I could modify it a bit. But again, I'd rather have it on a list and at least consider taking it, than foreget that one crucial thing! And actually - I DID put my gel and body glkide in the carry-on last time, and it went through security okay, so that could be moved to the more "crucial" carry-on bag items.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Thanks. That list was helpful. I showed my wife. She is going to Boston this year...her first traveling marathon.
          Find the fun.
            I'd like to add one crucial item to your list - diaper rash lotion! Shocked Believe me, depending on the distance, the temp, this will likely save your life in the days after the run. And yes, I am speaking from painful experience. Big grin

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Anything else? Tongue
              A very easy way to generate a custom (printable) checklist for each race: http://marathoning.org/checklist/

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Thanks, Blaine!

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance