Trail Runners

New Running Podcast - 3 Non-Joggers (Read 161 times)

First - I would like to add a disclaimer that I have not, as of the starting of this thread, listened to any of these podcasts yet.  They may just include an "R" rating for some unfortunate use of language.  Not sure.

That being said, Russ, one of the 3 Non-Joggers, is the trail running angel who came to my rescue during my first 50k trail run in May 2008 at Forest Park in Portland, OR.  From that fateful meeting, he has become a great friend to me and my running buddies, Karen and Kate.  He paced Kate at her first 100-miler that following August, and is putting together a report on Western States that will hopefully be on NPR at some point.

Gary - I met him for the first time at WS when he was Russ'  "media support personnel."  He attempted his first 100 miler at Pine to Palm in Oregon this past September.

Russ is a former stand-up comic, one of the funniest people I've met, and he and Gary are beyond nice.

So if you dare, check out the new to you, me, and the world podcast of 3 Non-Joggers.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

under a rock

I have never listened to a podcast but I could make this my first.

Imminent Catastrophe

OK I just have to listen to this, especially after reading that Headlands Hundred RR you mentioned.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

These guys are cracking me up.   . . . . and I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm getting paid.  Okay, I'm not getting paid, but I am thoroughly enjoying it.

BTW - Here are the lyrics to their opening song:

Two runners and a mailman in a basement in Portland

Discussing all the issues that no one finds important

Opinions, they got ‘em, but experts, they ain’t

Technology as current as Microsoft Paint

They cover lots of topics, from running to walking

And if they sound intelligent, that’s just the beer talking

These are not classes, they talk out their asses

No knowledge is dropping, but still there’s no stopping

The Three Non-Joggers podcast

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, after listening to one episode I'm thinking that beer is definitely involved.That's a good thing.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016