Trail Runners

Neo-Trail runners Extreme team-June 08 (Read 350 times)

Ultrachick

Only one? I'm psyched I only have two that are noticibly black right now. Whenever I wear sandals I'm always hoping nobody is looking at my toes. My toenails are so gross that polish won't even help.
    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
      I was looking at it last night and realized it wasn't even attached the nail bed anymore. It was being held on by the loose skin from my blister that had attached itself to it. It just lifted off like a lid on a bowl. There's even nail growth underneath already. It looks weird. Big grin My toes are by no means a thing of beauty in the first place. If losing toenails becomes a regular habit, well, let's just say I won't be wearin' many open-toed shoes. Kelly - How come you get black toenails so often?

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Are you still talking to me fattie? Black eye I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by revealing our little community to the ultra world. Will you please forgive me? I'll buy you a nice gift> There's a thread on Kickrunners about taking care of an exposed nail bed. YOu could try sandals like me Cool. It's all the rage in Copper Canyon, Chihuahua province, Northen Mexico with the Tarahumara indians there. Last long run of this months thread tomorrow. Yes

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Are you still talking to me fattie? Black eye I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by revealing our little community to the ultra world. Will you please forgive me? I'll buy you a nice gift
          Give me the gift first, and then I'll think about it. Evil grin Naw - Even without the gift, I still luv ya! Big grin

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

I don't wear running shoes purposely small but I like them to fit. I wear Brooks that have a big enough toe box for me but I still go pounding down the hills, kick a few rocks here and there (especially in the Jay race-the course has you running in a river for 3-4 miles). For really rough trails I wear Montrails because of the added toe protection compared to Brooks ASR. Buddo-I don't see how you can run in sandals. I've also had plantar fasciitus and wear orthotics-sandals are not an option not to mention the fashion faux pas! Big grin Have a good weekend! Sunday I'm doing the running leg of an Xterra series triathlon being held here-I've never done a triathlon before-should be interesting! Kelly
            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
              Good luck Sunday, Kelly. Hope you have a great time. I wear shoes about half a size bigger than normal. I decided on that last year when we did our Trinity Alps run. I was wearing my regular size shoe, and by the time we got down the mountain, my toes hurt so bad. Today was our last long trail run before our event on July 12. My legs were like pillars of cement half the time. I would really like to use Saturday as my day to practice my 20/2 and what I feel my pace needs to be to get through a 50k, but it's hard when you're running with someone else. I either need to start running by myself once in awhile or just say, "Go for it. I'm practicing my pace and I'll see you around the bend somewhere." Have a great weekend!

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance