Trail Runners

Trail Runners Weekly - w/e 12/16/2012 (Read 243 times)

Wandering Wally

What's everyone up to for the week?  Christmas is coming.  Are you ready?  Getting in few extra miles to make room for holiday feasting?

I'm starting the week off with a bang and resting today.  Hoping to hit 40-45 miles this week.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm starting off w/ a bang as well, 0 miles (strength training today though)

Hoping to get 35-40 miles in this week, the weather has moderated so no excuses Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Mondays are a SRD for me...This week will be a bit of a taper for me.  Its my B-day weekend coming up and I have Hasher Rick's NJ Trail Series 1/2 pencilled in for sunday (first trail race!).  Just some easy miles this week to rest up.

**Ask me about streaking**

Wandering Wally

Jamezilla - Go for it!  You will love trail racing!

Got out for a little run this morning.  The snow cover over the path made it more of a slog.  It may be time to abandon my paths and trails in favor of my "urban trails" (roads) which get plowed.

Run!  Just Run!

under a rock

What does SRD stand for? I figured out it's some sort of rest day. Some of the RWOL abbreviations are foreign to us. I'm sure in time I can figure them out but it would be easier if I just have you guys spell it out for me!

I've not gotten on any real trails yet this week. I hit the local greenway this morning for a slow run. Between Disney last week and adding some miles to my Sunday "long" run I'm exhausted. Hopefully I'll hit the trails for a short run tomorrow.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

SRD - scheduled rest day

USRD - unscheduled rest day

The worst part is my thoughts are often...I have a S-R-D today (also abbreviated in my thoughts). 

DW - Dear Wife

DH - Dear Husband

DS - Dear Son

DD - Dear Daughter

RAW - Run After Work

RAL - Run At Lunch

(Can't think of any others off the top of my head)

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

under a rock

Finally got on the trail today. I had to take yesterday off and just do a walk due to continued exhaustion. I felt more rested today so I opted for a nice 5 mile trail run half way up one of my local mountains. Ahh... I feel better!

Wandering Wally

Did a 12K run last night in honor of 12-12-12.  It was fun except for the trail breaking I had to do through the snow.  My calves were screaming by the end.  Meteor shower is peaking tonight.  If you have clear skies where you are it should be pretty cool to watch.

Run!  Just Run!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

so far so good Smile  got 8.5 miles in on Tues, 6 miles of hills on Wed, 6 miles of slush and mud today Big grin  strength training tomorrow, long run on Saturday, easy run on Sunday should put me in the 40-ish range

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

pretty good week- 40 miles (well 39.7 Big grin) w/ a 13 miler on Saturday- ran w/ a buddy which always pushes the pace slightly- a good thing; easy 6 miler this AM along the Yellowstone

I'll add a couple miles to my long run each of the next four weeks in prep for the Uwharrie run and I should be GTG Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

Pretty good week for me. I got in 30+, including an 18 miler in the sagebrush/juniper covered foothills east of my town. 

On On

Mondays are a SRD for me...This week will be a bit of a taper for me.  Its my B-day weekend coming up and I have Hasher Rick's NJ Trail Series 1/2 pencilled in for sunday (first trail race!).  Just some easy miles this week to rest up.

Jamezilla, nice meeting you today.  Thanks for stopping by to say hi.  Hope you had a great time and you come out to enjoy some more trails.

Wandering Wally

Finished the week with 39.6 miles total.  Had I known I would have run a little farther today.  C'est la vie.  It was nice to get out and run the last couple of days and get away from current events for a little bit.

Run!  Just Run!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Jamezilla, nice meeting you today.  Thanks for stopping by to say hi.  Hope you had a great time and you come out to enjoy some more trails.

It was nice meeting you and Jen too.  I did have a great time...next time I'll plan on sticking around a little afterward to hang out.  Thanks again.