Trail Runners

Salomon XT Wings (Read 225 times)

...---...

So the inaugural trail run with my XT Wings went well. They're a bit heavier than I am used to but I can see why so many people love this shoe. I was able to transition from an extended asphalt path to trail easily - thought my legs would take a pounding but they didn't. Good traction, well cushioned, and the speed laces stayed put. I only fell down once...not the shoe's fault ;-)

This is probably one of the more comfortable running shoes I've ever had. I just have to keep them out of streams or ponds else suffer the odiferous funk from outerspace.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I did my long run Sunday in mine and between the 100% humidity and numerous creek crossings, I fear the worst.  They're still drying on my porch today.  I Lysol'd the hell out of them this morning, so hopefully that will help.

...---...

I Lysol'd the hell out of them this morning, so hopefully that will help.

LOL. 

These things feel so good, I wonder if I could do all road in them? 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

When I got my first pair, I used them on all my mid-week longer runs, which are typically my hillier runs of the week.  Even though they're heavy, I felt better at the end of the run.  

I try to do about 50% of my miles now on trail , so I haven't run with them on the road lately, but I certainly think you could get away with running a lot of roads with them.  I believe they're designed to be hybrids.  (Which, come to think of it, maybe I should just rotate two pairs of Salomons and then get some flats for the occasional 5 or 10K.)

By the way, the Lysol Neutra Air is working really well...I can even come within 2 feet of my old ones now, so I may be able to put them back in rotation!

...---...

Good to know Jenn. I've put that product on the grocery store list for this weekend.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

They  felt good in the store but too stiff for me once I tried running in them.

Dan

Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/