Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team-January 2009 (Read 475 times)

That did it. Why are the pictures so huge? Any way to reduce them?
    You can edit them in photobucket and save the original as changed or save it as a copy. The large is big enough that you get a good picture, but it's not HUGE. The medium, to me, is on the small side, so I generally don't resize it any smaller than medium. Don't know why the HTML works and IMG doesn't, but it may be whatever camera you use. Glad it's working for you. And yes, I'd wear VERY BRIGHT orange while running with hunters around! Smile PS - Cute avatar! And her name would be????

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

That did it. Why are the pictures so huge? Any way to reduce them? This guy was one of about 8 I say while running in a new state park last Monday. If I go there again, I'll need to wear some orange for sure. You can't see the 12 gauge he's holding. Thanks for all the help Leslie.
      What's in season now? Most of the stuff is out of season here, except some small game like squirrels and rabbits...
        That's Kimmy. She's is VERY ORNREY! She's great when you have her alone and that picture was taken in the car on a date with me on the way to ice skating, just her and dad. Put her with her siblings however and lying and mischieviousness abound. They said they were hunting deer.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

That's Kimmy. She's is VERY ORNREY! She's great when you have her alone and that picture was taken in the car on a date with me on the way to ice skating, just her and dad. Put her with her siblings however and lying and mischieviousness abound.
          Big grin Good luck with the teen years!!! Big grin And very nice - a date with dad. Very nice, indeed. Smile

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Greg, your kids are so lucky! You sound like a great dad. I never had dates with my dad. He was very distant emotionally. Leslie, you are so helpful. I wish I could meet you in person and run in the trees with you. Thanks for all you do and HAVE FUN IN OZ! Chris, considering the age of the hunter in Greg's picture, it could have been a special "Youth Hunt." Many states will schedule those either before or after (or both) the regular season to encourage young hunters. I ran about 4 miles yesterday in the cold mist. Fortunately, the trees blocked the wind for most of the run, but when I met it, BRRRR! Chris, I don't know how you and Kelly run in such cold temps. I know the saying "there are no bad conditions, only bad equipment" applies here. Still, yikes! The ice storm hit, so I think I will go to the pool and swim laps today, then maybe a movie. Australia is at the cheap theater and I want to see it (and envy Leslie). Cheers, Kitrin
              Good job on getting out there. Keep it up. Maybe through in some cycling to keep the legs aerobicized? I try not to think about the coming teen years.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

They said they were hunting deer.
                Yikes! Leave the antler hat and fuzzy white tail at home then I guess ;-) I looked up PA's seasons.... holy cow there are a lot of deer seasons! It looks like they end soon though. I had to go to north-central PA for work last year. Pretty area, tons of trails. It was nice to be back in the eastern hardwood forests again.
                Carl A

I looked up PA's seasons.... holy cow there are a lot of deer seasons!
                  Because they keep changing the PA hunting seasons every year and making them more complicated, it's pretty much impossible for me to keep track of them. Here in northeast PA, the best way to tell is to go outside and listen for a minute or two. If there're no gunshots reverberating off the hillsides, then it's probably not a hunting day. Whenever it's even slightly cold, though, I have to wear an orange hat. And not to knock hunting in any way; I'm a good shot at a target (with a rifle and with a recurve), but I just can't seem to shoot straight at living things--in fact I've never hit any animals. I know that if I had to do it for my family and me to eat, though, I would.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Here in northeast PA, the best way to tell is to go outside and listen for a minute or two. If there're no gunshots reverberating off the hillsides, then it's probably not a hunting day.
                    Good one! The only thing I ever shot was a blue jay with a BB gun in our backyard when I was in high school. I hated that bird. We fed our cat on the washer on the back porch, and the jay would constantly harass and pick on him. Got the ole BB gun out one day, lined 'er up, and bang! Imagine my surprise when the bird actually fell off the power line and landed on the ground, "deader'n a door nail" (as the 'necks would say).

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

And not to knock hunting in any way; I'm a good shot at a target (with a rifle and with a recurve), but I just can't seem to shoot straight at living things--in fact I've never hit any animals. I know that if I had to do it for my family and me to eat, though, I would.
                      I know what you mean. I went pheasant hunting for the first time over Thanksgiving. I shot at a lot of them, but didn't hit a thing. I just kept the ammo makers in business and scattered a lot of expensive environmentally safe shot all over the farmer's fields. Targets that move suck... especially targets that move in all three planes!
                        Yikes! Leave the antler hat and fuzzy white tail at home then I guess ;-) I looked up PA's seasons.... holy cow there are a lot of deer seasons! It looks like they end soon though. I had to go to north-central PA for work last year. Pretty area, tons of trails. It was nice to be back in the eastern hardwood forests again.
                        Holy cow there are a lot of deer here! Yummy I say. I'd like to learn to hunt to supplement the table food. Northern PA is very beautiful. I'm from Florida originally so I enjoy the woods. I was so surprised when I moved up here to see the TREES flower. What the...? They're TREES?!?! Spring here is awesome. Can't compare to Colorado, but I'll take it for now. I am a long time surfer and for a long time would not even consider living away from the ocean. The mountains and woods are growing on me more and more however and I may have to consider living in Oregon or Washington to get the best of both, though the water is COLD up there.

Good one! The only thing I ever shot was a blue jay with a BB gun in our backyard when I was in high school. I hated that bird. We fed our cat on the washer on the back porch, and the jay would constantly harass and pick on him. Got the ole BB gun out one day, lined 'er up, and bang! Imagine my surprise when the bird actually fell off the power line and landed on the ground, "deader'n a door nail" (as the 'necks would say).
                          I shot a sparrow once in the back of the head. It was one of the world's best shots ever, I swear. I was sitting on my front porch with a friend looking for stuff to shoot with my bb gun. Typical suburban plot, 1/2 acre. We were sitting maybe 30 yards from the street and a sparrow landed on the other side of the street in the lawn. So now, I'm maybe 50+yards from the bird. I draw down on him and shoot. I watched the bb fly straight to him and hit him in the head. He flew up about 8 inches then fell back down. We ran over and he was almost dead. It broke my heart. I was so sad but damn if that wasn't one of the world's great shots. That's about a quarter sized target with a freaking bb gun at 50+ yards. I was sad I only had one witness. Another time, my mom, who grew up in West Virginia and was generally considered the baddest-ass girl on the mountain (no neighborhoods out in the country) had a garden. A squirrel kept coming in and eating her tomatoes. She got out the bb gun to shoot at it (this is suburban Ohio now or she would have used my grandpa's .22). She was trying to shoot next to it to scare it and ended up shooting it in the throat. She said that thing was gushing blood and ran up the side of the house, spraying blood everywhere. She felt horrible and had a hell of a time cleaning the house. One more. I used to have a wrist rocket, a sling shot. I bought some metal shots for it, maybe 3x the size of a bb. I was in my neighbors yard, maybe 13 years old. Being mischievous, I crept up on a squirrel, hiding behind a pile of mulch in my neighbors driveway. I slowly raised up, maybe 10 yards behind the critter. I drew back and let fly. I nailed him in the hind quarter. That thing jumped 2 feet in the air, writhing and twisting. He landed and flew up a tree and sat there screeching at me. Again, I saw that shot fly the whole way and nail him. I've had perfect golf shots like that too. It's a zone thing I've experienced in surfing, wrestling, what I've described above, where everything kind of slows down and you're taking in all sense perception and kind of just reacting. It's very pleasurable.

Greg - You are evil. Remind me to keep my cats away from you. Evil grin Wink Test results are in, and I am scheduled for (1) an endoscopy tomorrow to see if I have an ulcer, and (2) gall bladder surgery on Feb 10. More fasting for both (3rd and 4th times in 5 weeks), and a nice little "cleansing" ritual the day before the surgery. Now that should be fun. A soft toilet seat, soft TP, and a good book will be the order of the day. Forgot to ask how long I'll be off running, but it won't surprise me if he says two weeks, unfortunately. Undecided

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I'M EVIL?! Your DOCTORS sound evil. An endoscopy, AND surgery? Don't they want to get the results of the endoscopy first (snicker-I said end)? Might I recommend some reading? It All Comes Out in the End, by Dr. I.A. Tacat. Or, 30 Ways to Skin Cats And Other Useful Skills, by Dog Barker.

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Okay, I hate to do this when everyone is having a good time, but I am about to cry over here. The ice storms are sending my husband to Arkansas TOMORROW. They are telling him to prepare to be away for SIX MONTHS! He has been home for nine days after a six month absence from August to last week. Over the past five years, we have been apart about three of them. I am ready to withdraw from life, eat until I am obese, and watch videos until he comes home. I HATE being an adult sometimes. Responsibility SUCKS! I could go on and on, but you guys do not deserve it. Sorry about the emotional dump. Kitrin