Trail Runners

Trail Monster Bradbury "Fat Ass" 50k - Sunday, March 2nd (Read 88 times)

Anybody in the Southern Maine area that is interested in a Fat Ass, the trail monsters are putting on a low key one starting at Bradbury Mountain. The vast majority of the run will be outside of the park (click here for the map) but it should be fun. The course is consists of a 10.5 mile loop, so there are options for 1, 2 or 3 loops. I'm planning on running 2 loops. I've run the majority of the course before and conditions can vary depending upon how much snow we get this week and how many snowmobiles are out to pack it down between snowfall and "race" morning. You can read about the course at: http://trailmonsterrunning.blogspot.com/2008/02/test-run-bradbury-10-mile-loop.html The race starts at 7:00 am. For those who are unfamiliar with Fat Asses, it's basically a "race" that has no entry fee, no prizes, and folks bring their own goodies for the aid station(s). In this case, they'll probably designate somebody's vehicle as the aid table and just put all the goodies there - something like the back of a pickup. For me, it'll be a long training run with hopefully a few more people than I'm used to running with on the weekends.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)