Trail Runners

Mt. Hood 50 Race Report - Finally! (Read 120 times)

If you're interested in my report, you can find it here.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey Leslie, I just listened to the 3NJ episode with you. That was great! TMI on the Bodyglide though.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I had a really great time with those guys.  And yes, TMI re the Bodyglide. Smile

I'm happy to say that Gary has agreed to coach me . . . for now.  I need somebody, so I basically gave him my sob story and begged and he agreed.  I'm his first client, so I'll be the guinea pig, but I don't mind.  We chat for about an hour last night, and I think it's going to be a good pairing.  We'll see!

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Cool. You can tell him that 3NJ is on my 100-miler playlist!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

under a rock

Congratulations! Sounds like a great experience.

I hope I can get my body to cooperate enough to do a 50 mi one day. Right now my goal is just making to 5 mi without re-injuring myself.

So, what's next on your calendar?

I'm running the Weaver Basin 50k in October, then that's it until next year.  Need a break.  But I'm already trying to plot out next year's activities.

What's up with the injuries??

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

under a rock

Nothing new but having to take it slow on building since I strained my soleus twice last year. Also my right ITB and right SI joint are in cahoots to keep me from building up as quickly as I would like. (the SI joint problems stem from a riding accident back in my ambitious days with horses and my back has never been the same) If I'm having too much pain in my right lower back then my right ITB will flare up, so my weekly mileage depends on how that is feeling. I'm just happy to be capable of running and getting on the trail no matter how short. For now, I just live vicariously through others that can run long distances.

Hang in there ~

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance