Trail Runners

Unbreakable (Read 208 times)

Cat in a Pot

Just watch "Unbreakable," JB Benna's documentary re the 2010 WS race.  Excellent!!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles (w/Trail Factor 50k) - Cascade Crest, WA/Astoria, OR/Portland, OR

June 7 - Grasshopper Peak Redwoods Run 30k - Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA

July 12 - Mt. Hood 50 - Mt. Hood, OR

Oct 11 - Firetrails 50 - Lake Chabot, CA

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
    Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

Imminent Catastrophe

I want to see that!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

Cat in a Pot

It was really good.  That's the year my friend, Kate, got into  WS and her sister and I crewed for her.  Our buddy, Russ (3 nonjoggers) did an audio piece on Kate and Hal Koerner (2-time winner trying for a third versus the perspective a first time runner just wanting to finish).  He's in a number of the shots because of his following Hal.

Watching the movie brought back a lot of good memories.  We were sitting out at Michigan Bluff waiting for Kate to come through, and Karen's housesitter was following the race on line and texting us with updates of the showdown.  It was an amazing, exciting thing to be a part of.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles (w/Trail Factor 50k) - Cascade Crest, WA/Astoria, OR/Portland, OR

June 7 - Grasshopper Peak Redwoods Run 30k - Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA

July 12 - Mt. Hood 50 - Mt. Hood, OR

Oct 11 - Firetrails 50 - Lake Chabot, CA

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
        Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

Imminent Catastrophe

Now that Krupicka is running Tarawera (we're the only two Yanks in the 100k) I need to see this. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014